• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

how bout this!

t1larg.kfc.jpg

1,228 calories

1,380 milligrams salt

32 grams fat

The new KFC Double Down sandwich is real ...

This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled),

two pieces of bacon,

two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese

and Colonel's Sauce.

This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun!

Not very hungry this morning, so just a piece of toast, piece of homemade banana bread, and a cup of Ghirardelli chocolate mocha cocoa.

Tomorrow my wife has an early appointment, so we plan to go out for a real breakfast afterward at a local restaurant/bakery - probably an omelette, fruit, toast, and tea for me.

Edited by paul secor

Not very hungry this morning, so just a piece of toast, piece of homemade banana bread, and a cup of Ghirardelli chocolate mocha cocoa.

Wow! I had nearly the same unusual combo this morning as well:

piece of homemade banana-nut bread with a cup of Abuelita.

It's starting to warm up here, so morning smoothies will be coming back to our house.

Great tastes eat alike! :D

• 1 year later...

The big bands may still be a way off but apparently kippers are back:

Rows-of-kippers-in-a-smok-008.jpg

KIPPERS

Causing so much excitement that the presenter of the BBC Radio 3 (the highbrow station) breakfast show just asked us to phone in if we were having kippers for breakfast.

Sadly I'm on hot crossed buns with honey.

fake scrambled eggs (egg beaters) w/ sauteed yellow and orange peppers in olive oil. a little gouda cheese over the top and one piece of cracked wheat toast w/ a little butter. two cups of coffee...

way cool thread by the way. i will try to motivate and take photos of my breakfasts to po :tup st

Yeah, breakfast is THE important meal. I always have the same thing.

A third of a litre (half a pint, near as dammit, I think) of orange juice (not from concentrate by preference).

A bowl of muesli; Wally's de luxe, from a deli in Cardiff, (happily round the corner from Spillers records).

One or two slices of my own wholemeal bread, toasted, with Asda Valencia orange marmalade (THE best available anywhere in Britain - 66% fruit).

A LARGE cup of tea - whatever kind my wife wants to buy.

And a bit more than an hour's worth of CDs on the portable downstairs before my wife gets up.

I usualy take her a cup of Rhooibos tea before I start my own breakfast, plus toast or muesli, if she wants, but if she wants porridge, she has to make it herself :) She doesn't trust me to make it reasonably well (probably right).

MG

Well, still the same, but I've now been on the porridge-making course and do her porridge if she wants it.

But Asda have stopped doing Valencia marmalade, so we get Duerrs Mermelada de Sevilla - only 50% fruit, though.

MG

i absolutely love my breakfasts, probably more than any other meal of the day. it varies from some of the following:

toasted bialy w/butter & sliced Nova, strong black decaf (every morning).

english muffin w/various cheeses.

english muffin w/fig & ginger jam on one-half and orange marmalade on the other.

glorious omelets, usually w/shallots, mushrooms, cheese & whatever veggie i have in fridge (rapini, asparagus, sprouts, etc.).

newish favorite: Kashi GoLean Crunch mixed w/fruit-flavored lo-fat yogurt w/added fresh berries.

YUM to all of the above!

strong black decaf (every morning).

I can't drink strong decaf in the morning. It puts me to sleep.

i got off the caffeine years ago when i realized it just made me jumpy and hyped up. when i'm up in the morning, i'm as up as i care to be. and thank goodness, they started making decaf as delicious as any regular coffee. i do remember the Sanka days when i was very young. ugh!