Down Beat Record Review volumes

I ran across 4 volumes of Down Beat's Record Reviews yesterday, volumes V - VIII (1961-1964). I am not finding much info in a short online search other than that there is a Volume V available at Amazon for $50. Does $50/volume seem reasonable or can these be typically found for less? In the same stack I saw a copy of Hendersonia, does anyone know if that book was issued with a dust jacket (there isn't one on the book)? Thanks.

I ran across 4 volumes of Down Beat's Record Reviews yesterday, volumes V - VIII (1961-1964). I am not finding much info in a short online search other than that there is a Volume V available at Amazon for $50. Does $50/volume seem reasonable or can these be typically found for less? In the same stack I saw a copy of Hendersonia, does anyone know if that book was issued with a dust jacket (there isn't one on the book)? Thanks.

I have all 8 of the Down Beat books. No idea about the "value" but I enjoy dipping it to them over the years.

Hendersonia came without a dust cover and is worth whatever you dare pay.

Edit to say an Amazon seller has one with a dust cover. I ordered mine directly from Allen and it came without.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

Tom in RI, if you really want them then grab'em if you can!

It would be nothing short of sheer luck if you got them for MUCH less than 50$ these days.

I have Vols. 1 to 5 (1 to 4 as paperbacks, Vol. 5 as a hardback) of which I bought most through eBay (and 1 or 2 from Ron Rambach) a couple of years back but it did take a lot of searching and watching and being outbid. I think my average winning bids for each of these was not all that much less than $50 even back then (and I did NOT jump at the first one that came up).

I have all 8 of the Down Beat books. No idea about the "value" but I enjoy dipping it to them over the years.

Hendersonia came without a dust cover and is worth whatever you dare pay.

Edit to say an Amazon seller has one with a dust cover. I ordered mine directly from Allen and it came without.

My copy of Hendersonia, purchased from a used music store, also came without a dust jacket.