glue on playing surface of CD

papsrus

Is there anything that will get glue off the playing surface of CDs safely? I've tried my handy-dandy CD cleaner, to no avail. Hardly had any effect at all.

The CDs (Turrentine's Blue Hour) arrived today and the glue on the surface renders them unplayable. I'm bummed. <_<

It looks like the glue got on the surface from residue left after stickers were removed from the INSIDE of the jewel case. Weird.

Well, I put a little elbow grease (wrist grease, more like it) into it with some Windex and paper towel, wiping center to edge, and it seemed to clean the surface to the touch. It feels smooth although the glue left marks on the disc surface. I'm giving my improv cleaning a test now -- so far so good.

EDIT: Nope. Still skips. Screw it. This guy's getting his discs back and I'll just reorder from someone who doesn't sniff glue.

Edited by papsrus

I use lighter fluid to remove stickers and any kind of adhesive. It's much more effective than Goo Gone. Used to be that I could buy it in any drug store, but nowadays I have to buy it in a smoke shop. Ronsonol and Zippo are the two most common brands. This will definitely remove the adhesive. You pour a little directly onto the offending crud, and rub it in with your finger. Wipe clean with a dry paper towel.