Heeeeeey, Heeeeeeeey , Heeeeeeeey

I remember having a Welcome Back Kotter lunch box.

I remember being at the department store with my Mom and having to choose between the Welcome Back Kotter lunchbox and the Hong Kong Phooey lunch box. In the end I chose Hong Kong Phooey, number one super guy. I think I still have it in storage in my parents' barn! Gotta dig that up someday.

BTW, Newbury Comics in Boston has a selection of metal lunchboxes. Kids today can choose between Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson (yuch!). As for myself, I've been considering an Iron Maiden lunchbox pretty seriously! :D

Edited by jmjk

I had a Transformers one I thought was pretty cool back in the day.

"Transformers".

"back in the day".

Geez, Jim, you sure know how to make a guy feel old.

Even worse, I was a Dad, and not a young one, when the Transformers came out!

Ed, those were good days when switches and belts were around (it should not be necessary to add: if properly used by loving parents and schoolteachers, as in my experience). The absence of proper corporal punishment nowdays in most Western countries is the reason why there is so much trouble with kids who hang on corners and are uncontrollable. I have a dear "e-friend in music" who is a teacher. He has had a nervous breakdown because of the wild behaviour of the kids in his classes, and may lose his job and his home. He is a very bright and knowledgeable man, and it's really sad to hear about this.

Where I live, uncontrolled teenagers routinely burn down schools, and get away with virtually no punishment, while the taxpayers have to cough up millions to rebuild the schools.

This is a big topic, of course, but that's just a few words about it.

Delete that photo instantly.

If someone from Verve sees it you just know what the next boxed set they issue will look like!

(Can I just point out that in the UK we did not have lunch boxes. I carried my piece of dry bread and morsel of cheese in a piece of greaseproof paper. Marshall Aid? Pah!)

Nice one, Bev! That was my first thought when I opened this thread, too.

I guess you escaped the infamous English "school lunches", with their semolina (or was it tapioca?) puddings. In the Billy Bunter books, "tea" at school was known as "doorsteps and dishwater".

I can't seem to get an image to post....

I had a Lance Link, Secret Chimp lunchbox.......I used to watch that religiously on Saturdays.....I thought that was the greatest show....from 1970 I guess....Nick at Nite played a few of them last year.....They'll make their way to DVD soon enough....

Anyone else watched it?

Ed, those were good days when switches and belts were around (it should not be necessary to add: if properly used by loving parents and schoolteachers, as in my experience). The absence of proper corporal punishment nowdays in most Western countries is the reason why there is so much trouble with kids who hang on corners and are uncontrollable. I have a dear "e-friend in music" who is a teacher. He has had a nervous breakdown because of the wild behaviour of the kids in his classes, and may lose his job and his home. He is a very bright and knowledgeable man, and it's really sad to hear about this.

Where I live, uncontrolled teenagers routinely burn down schools, and get away with virtually no punishment, while the taxpayers have to cough up millions to rebuild the schools.

Why don't you take this shit to the political thread where it belongs...

• 1 year later...

I loved my Fat Albert lunch box too!

Another favorite was my Star Wars lunch box. The site that had the picture sold theirs for $325!

It makes me sick to think that I didn't save any of these. When we hit 5th grade, lunch pails weren't cool anymore. Brown bags were the way to go.

That was the lunch box I used as a kid. I still have that - along with the original 12 Star Wars action figures sealed in the box. My Dad bought each one of the figures along with me. He knew they would be worth some $$ someday.

... those were good days when switches and belts were around (it should not be necessary to add: if properly used by loving parents and schoolteachers, as in my experience). The absence of proper corporal punishment nowdays in most Western countries is the reason why there is so much trouble with kids who hang on corners and are uncontrollable. I have a dear "e-friend in music" who is a teacher. He has had a nervous breakdown because of the wild behaviour of the kids in his classes, and may lose his job and his home. He is a very bright and knowledgeable man, and it's really sad to hear about this.

i'm kinda hungry and man this just makes me wanna go out and beat up some kid for his lunch!

*(Halloween 2003! must have been a lot of TP-ing going on in the neighborhood!)

Another favorite was my Star Wars lunch box. The site that had the picture sold theirs for $325!

It makes me sick to think that I didn't save any of these. When we hit 5th grade, lunch pails weren't cool anymore. Brown bags were the way to go.

Had it!

Edited by Alexander