Hoops 2008-2009

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on Black Mamba instilling will power in the rest of the Lakers and their victory. However, do not overlook the fact that Van Gundy made the same mistake that the Sacto Kings made. Allowed their star's ego obligations to sway Van Dummy into letting Nelson play. Stupid move. Orlando's whole chemistry was upset. Kings made same mistake by playing

C.Webb after his long layoff; team chemistry disrupted; Kings lost, so will the Magic.

Randy Smith, R.I.P.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4233659

I used to love watching him play w/ McAdoo against the Baltimore Washington Bullets. Damn.

That is sad news, that Buffalo team wasn't too bad. One of my big Lakers memory as a kid is seeing Kermit Washington getting in a big fight with John Shumate(sp?). Buffalo was down by a ton when the fight happened, afterward, McAdoo and Smith went wild and they wound up winning the game.

Isn't Jeff/SS1 from LA?

He must be from LA, he roots for out-of-town teams!

I kid SS1, I kid... :g

Please, I beg of all you fine gentlemen and women... please stop saying Black Mamba. No one here in LA uses that nickname for Kobe, and lord knows Kobe is not worthy of it anyway.

I'd never heard of it until this thread actually.

Kobe apparently coined it himself. I don't like self generated nicknames - reminds me of Michael Jackson declaring himself "King of Pop"... which he is most certainly not.

Isn't Jeff/SS1 from LA?

He lives in AZ. That address by his avatar is the address for Sanford & Son I believe.

Please, I beg of all you fine gentlemen and women... please stop saying Black Mamba. No one here in LA uses that nickname for Kobe, and lord knows Kobe is not worthy of it anyway.

I'd never heard of it until this thread actually.

Kobe apparently coined it himself. I don't like self generated nicknames - reminds me of Michael Jackson declaring himself "King of Pop"... which he is most certainly not.

Isn't Jeff/SS1 from LA?

He lives in AZ. That address by his avatar is the address for Sanford & Son I believe.

Boy, I never made the Sanford & Son connection!

You Must Be Freaking Joking

Yesterday's USA Today front page of the sports (4th sentence), ESPN.Com review of the first game (homepage link) and a brand new Nike commerical calls him The Black Mamba

Only if James Alfredson tells me it ain't cool

I call Tim Duncan Turtle Head and nobody complaines

Edited by Soulstation1

Anyone see

1 beginning of the game when Howard put his hand through the net and rim and blocked a shot and it wasn't called

2 looked like Gasol hit the rim at the end of the 4th quarter on the lob pass to Lee

3 The Mamba wiping his sweat on his daughters and one of them wiping it off in the tunnel after the game

Funny

Awful game, I can't believe the Lakers won. Felt like a loss the whole time. Orlando is in serious trouble if they can't beat the Lakers on a night like this one. Kobe was crap and the Magic hit all sorts of tough shots.