Hoops 2008-2009

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safe to say Cleveland's entire franchise is hanging in the balance. If (when) they get knocked out, LeBron walks--likely to Jay-Z's (Brooklyn) Nets and the new arena. LBJ stands to make $100 million+ in his Nike contract if he moves to a major market, and has already stated his desire to be the first billionaire ballplayer. The Nets will have the money to spend on LeBron and then some.

I'm still waiting for the Lakers to play a good game against the McNuggets.

Safe to say Cleveland's entire franchise is hanging in the balance. If (when) they get knocked out, LeBron walks--likely to Jay-Z's (Brooklyn) Nets and the new arena. LBJ stands to make $100 million+ in his Nike contract if he moves to a major market, and has already stated his desire to be the first billionaire ballplayer. The Nets will have the money to spend on LeBron and then some.

Well, if it all about being in a major market, then Cleveland is screwed no matter what. AFAIK, the Knicks have little room to maneuver for the next batch of free agents. Same with LA. Bulls have a bit more space, but it probably means dumping Ben Gordon and/or Luol (maybe, just maybe Reinsdorf would agree on paying the luxury tax if it meant getting LeBron). Nets probably do have the most room of the major market teams. Never say never, but I don't think the financing for their new arena will come together, and the Nets will ultimately end up in Newark.

From the looks of the game tonight, the Lakers are in the finals. Anyone want to bet that by some strange coincidence, the Cavaliers will beat Orlando tomorrow night and then win at home on Monday? Personally, I wouldn't put anything by David Stern and the NBA.

Up over and out.

IMO

Don't sleep on Orlando

2-0 vs Lakers this season

If Phil loses to Stan Van Dummy he better retire

Lakers have the big men to guard D-Howard

IMO

The Lakers will have problems with Howard, he seems too much for the Laker big guys. I wonder if Gasol will cover him? Van Gumby, winning a NBA title -- the horror!

It just goes to show that a real center is still the most valuable player in this league. Howard is really the only real center playing these days besides Shaq, who is on the decline. When you have someone that big and that powerful under the basket, it makes it really hard for other teams to do much of anything. And Howard is a frickin' beast.

IMO

Trust Me on this one

Both series going to game 7's

Still think it will be the Cavs and Thuggets winning

You've lost my trust. ;)

The finals should be interesting. The only thing I'm certain about so far... Craig Sager is one total buffoon.