Hoops 2008-2009

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great trade for the Spurs. I don't know if it will be enough to get by the Lakers though.

I agree. Hate to see Bowen go, always thought he'd retire a Spur. But he doesn't have much left in the tank I don't think. Thomas and Oberto are role players, and their numbers should be replaceable pretty easily.

Not sure it's enough to get past the Lakers either, but it's nice to see they're finally shaking things up a little.

I thought Drew Gooden was going to be a good pickup for them this past season. I think he could fit in pretty well, with a full offseason.

DeJuan Blair!!! What a freakin' STEAL @ 37. He should have been a 1st rounder.

Great trade for the Spurs. I don't know if it will be enough to get by the Lakers though.

I agree. Hate to see Bowen go, always thought he'd retire a Spur. But he doesn't have much left in the tank I don't think. Thomas and Oberto are role players, and their numbers should be replaceable pretty easily.

Not sure it's enough to get past the Lakers either, but it's nice to see they're finally shaking things up a little.

I thought Drew Gooden was going to be a good pickup for them this past season. I think he could fit in pretty well, with a full offseason.

DeJuan Blair!!! What a freakin' STEAL @ 37. He should have been a 1st rounder.

Nice! I was shocked to see that. Hope the Spurs old guys (Duncan & Ginobili I guess) can stay healthy for another run. They're putting some pieces together to support Parker for the long haul too.

Rubio's passing ability looks really great in his highlights, hopefully he'll be an impact player like Tony Parker or Steve Nash.

Funny to note that Blake Griffin sported a purple shirt to the draft. Hoping to come over to LA's varsity squad?

I saw that the Lakers drafted Chinemelu (Junior) Elonu from Texas A&M in the 2nd round, Noj.

Alot of Aggies were disappointed he didn't come back to play for A&M again, but I think he has the potential to develop into a decent role player in the NBA. He's gotten better and better every year so far, and seems to have a tough attitude.

Hope he plays well for you!

I see Jrue Holiday went to Philly at #17. The former UCLA Bruin has size, athleticism, and raw talent. Really raw. It would have been great to see him play another year for the Bruins and develop at the college level, but maybe it will work out to have his abilities honed by practicing against pro players. Darren Collison went at #21 to New Orleans--this kid was a great Bruin, a leader who stepped up to make shots and plays in tough situations. His lack of size may hurt him at the NBA level, but I hope he is successful.

I see Jrue Holiday went to Philly at #17. The former UCLA Bruin has size, athleticism, and raw talent. Really raw. It would have been great to see him play another year for the Bruins and develop at the college level, but maybe it will work out to have his abilities honed by practicing against pro players. Darren Collison went at #21 to New Orleans--this kid was a great Bruin, a leader who stepped up to make shots and plays in tough situations. His lack of size may hurt him at the NBA level, but I hope he is successful.

Yeah, I'm on the fence about this pick. The only time I got to see him play was when UCLA lost to Nova in the NCAA tourney and he played poorly. Time will tell.

Pistons have come to terms w/ Gordon and Villanueva. Kind of scratching my head about the Gordon signing. I thought their need was at the PG position. I guess this means Joe thinks that Stuckey is the Pistons' PG of the future?

How are the Bulls going to replace Gordon's 20ppg????

If they give the corpse of JKidd that much money, the Knickerbockers deserve to stink. Haven't they been watching him play? He's done.

Stuckey is a solid player, the Pistons can build around him--but why get another shooting guard? Gordon must have agreed to come off the bench, or they're going to have the same situation they had with Iverson in trying to figure out how to balance playing time between Hamilton and Gordon. The signing of Villanueva must mean they're going to let Sheed go, and if he ends up a Celtic I don't see anyone beating Boston.

If the Lakers can't get Ariza and Odom back, I don't think they have even the slimmest chance of repeating. Ariza was not happy with the Lakers first offer for just over $5 million per, and is being courted by Houston, Portland, Cleveland, and the Clippers. Kobe should take a pay cut to keep his supporting cast, if he wants to win.

Hi Guys,

Once again I must play that song "I'm back again."

Yep, had another operation and also had a computer crash, lost everything. So here I am coming back in the midst of some interesting trades.

Oberto went to Detroit. Will provide very good sound backup to McDyss, who will backup ??. Stuckey will be Piston pg, Gordon will be backup or vice versa. Nobody knows yet how Joe feels about Stuckey's progress.

It is time for Sheed to go. They say he is cool in lockeroom but his oncourt antics have cost the Pistons. You win on the court. Sheed is big enoough to play center but he doesn't really want to. Likes to stay outside and shoot 3's too much. Pistons need muscle in the middle.

Rip still has a lot in his tank, Pistons need good coach to maintain him and Prince in game plans.

Shaq can help Cleveland believe it or not. Somebody said earlier that Shaq wants one more ring than Mamba. Believe it, he really does, no matter how much he pulled for Kobe to win this last championship.

Oh well, it is good to be back, again guys. :excited:

Artest is gonna sign with the Lakers

Holy Crap!!!

There is no way in heaven, earth, and under the earth, that this is going to work out. Artest can not ever control his desire to be the center of attention. The Lakers must feel that Odom is gone to make this move.

Antonio McDyess is going to the Spurs. If he stays healthy, he can be a contributor.

I'll say one thing for the Spurs, they're going to be a different team next year, even with the "Big 3" returning - by adding Richard Jefferson, McDyess, and DeJuan Blair in the draft.

Edited by Aggie87