Things you wish nobody had thought up...

Now you have me thinking about that sticky tape they use on the Blue Note CDs! :lol:

(Which is much harder to remove than the similar tape they use on OJCs for example)

And those stickers plastered all over Columbia/Legacy's cd's. Those big square yellow ones in particular (those gold Miles stickers are ok to get off) whose glue comes right off the sticker and stays on the jewel case-WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS TO GET THAT FRICKIN' GLUE OFF THE CASE :angry::angry::angry:

I've stopped trying to peel those stickers off. Easier just to buy a box full of empty jewel cases and move the booklets, covers, disc, etc., into those.

This stuff takes care of that crap. :tup

Picture%20438.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up over and out.

I wish Dave James had never thought to add "up over and out" on each of his postings... :winky:

You know, I wish he hadn't either, but I know him quite well and he's a HUGE Hank Mobley fan. As he tells it, and I would take this with a grain of salt, ending each of his posts with the phrase "Up over and out", is his way of acknowledging Mobley by employing the title of one of Hank's songs as his out chorus. I'll talk to him about this.

Up over and out.

Now you have me thinking about that sticky tape they use on the Blue Note CDs! :lol:

(Which is much harder to remove than the similar tape they use on OJCs for example)

And those stickers plastered all over Columbia/Legacy's cd's. Those big square yellow ones in particular (those gold Miles stickers are ok to get off) whose glue comes right off the sticker and stays on the jewel case-WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS TO GET THAT FRICKIN' GLUE OFF THE CASE :angry::angry::angry:

I've stopped trying to peel those stickers off. Easier just to buy a box full of empty jewel cases and move the booklets, covers, disc, etc., into those.

This stuff takes care of that crap. :tup

Picture%20438.jpg

SOLD!

That's wasteful! You must hate mother earth!!!! :angry:

Up over and out.

I wish Dave James had never thought to add "up over and out" on each of his postings... :winky:

You know, I wish he hadn't either, but I know him quite well and he's a HUGE Hank Mobley fan. As he tells it, and I would take this with a grain of salt, ending each of his posts with the phrase "Up over and out", is his way of acknowledging Mobley by employing the title of one of Hank's songs as his out chorus. I'll talk to him about this.

Up over and out.

Nah, keep it, it's you....

4 dots, so I know Moose wasn't talkin' about me!

What, no one has mentioned the 3 security strips on DVD cases??? Like one under the plastic wrap isn't enough????

And those ads during programs...I need to tell AMC I will never purchase(or Watch for that matter) Mad Men. Any time I flip by AMC, and they actually have a movie on instead of a commerical(for Mad Men) there is a pop up ad for Mad Men, best show on TV!!! I don't care if it is, fuck 'em.

Hey, blame those dang glue guys. ... 'sides , I'm turnin' over a new leaf with that Goo Gone crap. That stuff has got to be a lot better for ol' terra madre.

Have they solved the Goo Gone problem? That stuff had a foul odor of the lingering type, that's why I swore off it. I did, however find another solution (literally), plain old rubbing/isopropyl alcohol. It works very well, doesn't stink (at least not for long), and it is inexpensive—besides, we all probably have a bottle around the house.

Probably the manufacturer of GOO GONE also manufactures the goo for those stickers.....

Have they solved the Goo Gone problem? That stuff had a foul odor of the lingering type, that's why I swore off it. I did, however find another solution (literally), plain old rubbing/isopropyl alcohol. It works very well, doesn't stink (at least not for long), and it is inexpensive—besides, we all probably have a bottle around the house.

It's the Citrus Powerâ„¢

Edited by Aggie87

Leaf blowers......as in, why the %^$@!, at this late hour (11:50), do I hear some haploid operating one down the street? :blink:

I'm happy to say I am with you 100 percent on this one. The most annoying piece of machinery ever invented. A special place in hell awaits the bastard that came up with this freakin' contraption.

Leaf blowers......as in, why the %^$@!, at this late hour (11:50), do I hear some haploid operating one down the street? :blink:

I'm happy to say I am with you 100 percent on this one. The most annoying piece of machinery ever invented. A special place in hell awaits the bastard that came up with this freakin' contraption.

I have a rechargeable leaf blower, and it seems to be much less noisy, more like a vacuum....

I hate leaf blowers too. In fact, I have railed against them on this forum before (I can't find the post, however, but I remember catesta coming to their defense, which makes sense considering his line of work).

However, I must admit that I bought a combination leaf blower / vac / mulcher. It's much quieter than my neighbors annoying one and judging by how long it takes her to blow off her sidewalk, much more powerful, too. And it's electric.

I bought it because we have a hedge along the alley that is impossible to rake underneath and a large patch of small rocks for drainage on the other side of the house that is impossible to rake leaves from as well. I'm not one of those people that spends hours blowing my sidewalk or driveway, though, until every speck of dust is gone. That drives me up the wall.

You really should. It's almost as annoying as that poster who seems to end every sentence with three dots instead of a period. Can't remember his name...

That's an elipsis. An homage to Sam Rivers.

Actually, I was thinking this guy or maybe even this one; Sam Rivers never occured to me...

But neither of those guys played tenor or recorded for Blue Note!

Our local supermarket gives a .05 for every bag you bring in and use for your groceries. I saved .10 this afternoon, but I'd use my own bags even if there were no discount. Those plastic supermarket bags are a blight on society. Granted, there are worse blights, but this is one I can help do something about.

Like I said before, charge $1 for every bag (otherwise given out by the store now for free), and DON'T charge $1 if you bring your own bags in and use them instead -- and that'll reduce the number of excess bags being used by 98%.

I think you said $2.00 :)

I agree completely. They are like torture devices. Why the fuck do they have to be so goddamn NOISY??????? Wouldn't be surprised if they pollute a lot, too. Whatever happened to good old fashioned RAKES?

I hate leaf blowers too. In fact, I have railed against them on this forum before (I can't find the post, however, but I remember catesta coming to their defense, which makes sense considering his line of work).

However, I must admit that I bought a combination leaf blower / vac / mulcher. It's much quieter than my neighbors annoying one and judging by how long it takes her to blow off her sidewalk, much more powerful, too. And it's electric.

I bought it because we have a hedge along the alley that is impossible to rake underneath and a large patch of small rocks for drainage on the other side of the house that is impossible to rake leaves from as well. I'm not one of those people that spends hours blowing my sidewalk or driveway, though, until every speck of dust is gone. That drives me up the wall.

Well, okay, that sounds alright then.

You really should. It's almost as annoying as that poster who seems to end every sentence with three dots instead of a period. Can't remember his name...

That's an elipsis. An homage to Sam Rivers.

Yah! That's it... :blush: But, maybe more like Aposiopesis, an obscure Greek trombonist.

Edited by Ted O'Reilly