How much duplicate material in your music collection?

trane_fanatic

I still think that it would be a good idea to start a thread where people offered to trade duplicates - I think I'd be more inclined to take a flier trying something new when trading a duplicate. But agree that it should be in the Offering and Looking For thread.

I think the 'Pay it Forward' thread is sort of like that:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=17254

Sort of - although it is a bit slow! I'm not explaining myself particularly well though. The main reason that I've not traded things in the past is that I think it would be too much of a long shot to list things that I'd like - I've always thought I'd be more likely to think "that sounds interesting" if I saw a list somewhere.

I've not tried listing my duplicates before though so perhaps I ought to give it a go before pontificating (in a fairly incoherent way).

If you have something to offer, just make a thread in the Offering forum, and state that you're interested in trades. People will offer you what they have available, in my experience, and you can then decide if there's something of interest to you.

Alternately you can check out people's lists of things they have available for trade - like felser for instance. If you see something you're interested, make him an offer from your pile of duplicates/trade material.

I've successfully made trades in this manner with board members all over the U.S., as well as in Ireland, England, France, Israel, Canada, and Singapore.

Edited by Aggie87