Oh, those remotes

You really are a pack rat, Chris. :)

I can't imagine why you'd keep so many remotes, unless you still have all the electronics they go with ... but I'm glad that you had the pack rat gene when it came to keeping all of those old print ads, flyers and pictures you've shared.

As for remotes - if we're talking about old style remotes or living without them - I remember the first TV we had with a remote control was also our first color TV. It was around 1970, and the remote worked on a frequency that matched what was generated by our dog's metal tags jangling together, or if you shook a key ring. Well, to be clear, it worked on the volume control, which had three settings - low, medium, high. So the dog would get an itch, he'd scratch his ear and set off the volume, up up up up up up and we'd have to wait for him to stop scratching to see where the sound ended up. 9 times out of 10, we'd have to grab the remote to get it back to the volume we wanted.

I think your remotes are getting it on and procreating.

Speaking of Bell jars, about two months ago we finally got rid of some incredibly nasty "preserves" that the previous owners left in the basement of our house. Most of the stuff was not even recognizable and I kept expecting a jar to start talking to me. "I've been watching your beautiful family. Please... don't kill me. I have gained sentience."

Seriously, some of the jars were labeled 1972 and the contents looked like preserved barf.

It was beyond disgusting.

I am the sort of person who prefers an uncluttered living environment, and even I have four remotes!!! (One each for the receiver, TV, DVD player and music system). ... <_<

(and, actually, several more in the closet with stored components of one sort or another. ... It's worse than I thought!!!!)

Dan, we didn't have one, but I recall a cousin showing me how he could turn his tv on by shaking his keys!!!

Our first betamax had a corded remote! I may be the only person on this forum with beta and Laserdisc remotes still! Then again, knowing the weirdos here....probably not. :crazy:

Speaking of Bell jars, about two months ago we finally got rid of some incredibly nasty "preserves" that the previous owners left in the basement of our house. Most of the stuff was not even recognizable and I kept expecting a jar to start talking to me. "I've been watching your beautiful family. Please... don't kill me. I have gained sentience."

How can we know that you are the "real" JA rather then one of those body snatcher jars?

Can you whistle a John Patton's solo?

Edited by porcy62