We have any SONY component A/V expert types in the house?

With about 20% of Netflix titles not being read correctly by the workhorse SONY DVD Unit w/hard drive, we hooked up an older spare SONY DVD player to take care of the overflow. Works fine.......problem is, after stumbling around in the dark and draining 3 or 4 pints of brew, I finally got it rigged up so that each time I go to use the spare (black) SONY, I have to disconnect the red/white rca plugs from tape rec on the integrated amp and then plug them back in when switching over again to the silver SONY. :blink: The spare (black) SONY (6th pic down) is running straight into the tv (bottom pic), should it be running through the amp.....or even through the other (silver) SONY? I dunno.....bomething's obviously not right with this ridiculous tangled mess of cables. Anyone care to play the What's wrong with this idiotic looking set-up game? :crazy:

*dang, lot's of dust back there. :blush:

100_0847.jpg

DSCN4719.jpg

100_0849.jpg

100_0861.jpg

100_0850.jpg

DSCN4716.jpg

DSCN4722.jpg

Sundog is right, you're losing a lot of what you paid for for those speakers by not having them out in the room.

Why not run the other dvd player into the unused tuner input and not on the tv. I think running it to the tv is causing you the problem.

too much Republican gear - everybody knows that Hollywood movies are all made by liberals - gotta plug that little doo-hickey into something more moderate, increase the sound levels liberally, and put all the screens and speakers to your left - and everything will be just fine -

Do you have any unused video inputs into you tv? Looks like you have an unused s-video input. If so, why not run the spare DVD player's sound into one of the amp inputs you're not using (eg SACD) and use an s-video cable into the tv/monitor?

You and Lon had it right.....I went with the SACD inputs...problem solved. Thanks!!

....and a little Sun afternoon room rearranging for Sundog, who shamed me into letting those little B&Ws breeeeathe a bit! I hope Kevin Bresnahan doesn't drop by to chew me out over the sub-optimal placement of that Hsu Research sub I bought off him. :g

100_0867.jpg

DSCN4729.jpg

Truth be told, I only had 'em hidden away in there for 6 months or so because this new puppy of ours was having too good of a time chomping away on large plastic Easter eggs..........and before long I started wondering how long it would be before she spied those little 'black eggs' and decide to give one a try? :o

:o

DSCN4730.jpg