Outer Limits 3-CD Set!

Fine. I don't remember being impressed with the music on the show. I'm going to pass. I'm NOT knocking the release! Just having getting some exercise passing somethings along. :)

Frontiere was on the first season. The show in general wasn't as good afterwards, when corporate interests watered everything down, including the music. Typical, huh?

That show used to scare the shit outa me:

Untitled-Grayscale-01.jpg

Of course, I was only 7 or 8 years old when it was first on. But I was attracted to it like a moth to a flame, and dug the eeriness of the music even at that age. :alien::eye::ph34r:

Edited by Ron S

That show used to scare the shit outa me:

Of course, I was only 7 or 8 years old when it was first on. But I was attracted to it like a moth to a flame, and dug the eeriness of the music even at that age. :alien::eye::ph34r:

It was exactly the same with me. The episodes varied widely in quality, but the show made a big impression and the music was a part of that for sure. After a while, even as a kid, the different-monster-every-week approach began to wear thin, but I still watched it.

...The episodes varied widely in quality, but the show made a big impression and the music was a part of that for sure. After a while, even as a kid, the different-monster-every-week approach began to wear thin, but I still watched it.

The first season was consistent all the way through. All of the memorable episodes are from that season. The monsters were introduced in subsequent seasons when corporate interests tried to dumb it down.

...The episodes varied widely in quality, but the show made a big impression and the music was a part of that for sure. After a while, even as a kid, the different-monster-every-week approach began to wear thin, but I still watched it.

The first season was consistent all the way through. All of the memorable episodes are from that season. The monsters were introduced in subsequent seasons when corporate interests tried to dumb it down.

Well, if we're talking about the original 1960s series, there were only 2 seasons (1963-65), and the first season had lots of the classic Outer Limits monsters. Also, the second season had some interesting episodes with minimal monster factor:

http://www.innermind.com/outerlimits/guides/ol01.txt

Edited by Ron S

twilight zone sucked - try watching the reruns and you'll wonder what you ever saw in that show - and the WORST ones are the ones written by Serling -

I guess Serling's two writing Emmys for the series were a fluke. I feel so stupid! I'm selling off the DVDs of the 4 seasons I used to love ASAP. What was I thinking?!