Ace Of Cakes

Love that Cake Off show too! about the same thing - they have to build a cake for some wedding folks or some teen's birthday party blah blah and then that gal Giada De Laurentiis who makes yer Rachel Ray look like chopped liver is a taster.

the Ace guy does have the perfect workplace ... art and chocolate ... I'd prefer to see them Miami / LA tattoo gals doing it on a cake tho ...

maybe a whole new reality show where all the reality shows are rolled into one!?

Edited by Man with the Golden Arm

Hadn't heard of this before; looks really interesting.

Pretty good show, check it out. Never mind that it's "about" cakes & bakers. What it's really about for me is teamwork, bringing pride and fun to your work, not "settling" for anything that's not as good as you know it should be, and recognizing that for some people, what makes them good at what they do and what makes them "weird" are complimentary, not troublesome, qualities.

Oh yeah, all that and this - if/when something goes wrong, cop to it immediately, and then get on with fixing it. Results, not excuses, are what makes it a good day.

I hate cake, and by extension, I hate Ace of Cakes. Actually, I hate the show more than cake itself. Don't like the characters or the premise behind the show. I watch Food Network more than any other channel, but I'd rather sit in solitary confinement than be subjected to this show.

I hate cake, and by extension, I hate Ace of Cakes. Actually, I hate the show more than cake itself. Don't like the characters or the premise behind the show. I watch Food Network more than any other channel, but I'd rather sit in solitary confinement than be subjected to this show.

Yeah, that's about the same with me. Except the hating cake part.

The baker dude "duff" is no doubt a creative and talented guy, but I can't get into the show or it's characters at all.

The baker dude "duff" is no doubt a creative and talented guy, but I can't get into the show or it's characters at all.

NO CAKE FOR YOU!

NO CAKE FOR YOU!

Now hold on there, Hoss.

I get cake!

I just prefer it from a joint like this...

600_StoreInterior2-sjpg.jpg

:cool:

Edited by catesta