Reptet Release "Chicken or Beef?"

Johnny E

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

End date 5/18/08

Press Contact: Beth Fleenor*

The Frank Agency

beth@thefrankagency.org

*CDs, photos, and more information available upon request

Reptet Celebrate the Release of Chicken or Beef?

With a CD Release Party

Sunday, May 18th 2008

Seattle Asian Art Museum

1400 E Prospect Street

Volunteer Park

Seattle, WA 98112

2:00PM (The will be a pre-concert discussion at 1:30PM just before the show)

FREE / All Ages

Information: www.reptet.com

Monktail Records and Reptet are pleased to announce the release of Reptet’s newest full-length CD, entitled Chicken or Beef?, available in stores on June 3rd. Reptet will be performing original music from the CD and other new compositions at their release party being held at the Seattle Asian Art Museum, May 18 at 2pm. There will also be a pre-concert discussion at 1:30PM just prior to the show.

Reptet is a sextet consisting of six multi-instrumentalists: Samantha Boshnack (trumpet), Nelson Bell (trombone), Izaak Mills (tenor sax, alto sax, bass clarinet, flute), Chris Credit (baritone sax, tenor sax, alto sax, clarinet), Tim Carey (bass), John Ewing (drums); all of whom are members of the internationally acclaimed artist collective, the Monktail Creative Music Concern, based out of Seattle. Reptet’s previous CD, Do This! (Monktail Records, 2006) gained wide recognition as one of the finest jazz releases of 2006, being chosen top jazz CD by Jazziz Magazine’s Alex Gelfand, as well as making the top ten lists of many other writers and critics across the globe. They have toured coast to coast, were awarded two 2006 earshot Golden Ear Awards for Best Outside Jazz Group and Best Live Performance (as part of the Monktail Raymond Scott Project).

Chicken or Beef? features 11 stunning original compositions tactfully layered with cameo appearances by such distinguished guests as Reggae legend Clinton Fearon and visionary composer/violinist Eyvind Kang. Recorded by Mell Dettmer (Wayne Horvitz, Mr. Bungle, Skerik’s Syncopated Taint) at Avast! Studios in Seattle, Chicken or Beef? is a bold and groundbreaking statement of acute originality and vivid intensity. Produced by Reptet and featuring cover art by legendary jazz illustrator Jim Flora.

This event is open to all ages and free. Concert starts at 2:00PM with the pre-concert discussion begining at 1:30PM.

If you'd like to purchase a copy please email or PM me, I will then let you know paypal or mailing details. :cool:

post-132-1209581718_thumb.jpg

Guest Bill Barton

See you there. I'm looking forward to it!

Beth has already sent the pre-release copy to me and I've played it on KBCS. A fun CD! Thanks.

Edited by Bill Barton

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

So the new disc is now available straight from our web site . We gots some twofer and threefer specials goin' on, so check it out.

The new disc will also be available through Amazom, iTunes, CDbaby and other online retailers in about a week or two and it hits the brick and mortar shops on June 3rd.

And for all my Seattle based friends, don't forget the CD Release party this Sunday (details above). Hope to see you there.

-johnny

Very nice disc, had it a week now, musical tourism of the jazz variety which works very nicely. Somehow reminds me of "The Black Saint and the sinner lady". Chicken or Beef title track is very strange perhaps it's a message I'm missing but I'm not sure it fits, but who am I ...,,,,,......

• 4 weeks later...