MP3 xclusive

Guest Bill Barton

Guest Bill Barton

Does anyone here have any experience with this site?

I signed up for an account but their "payment facility" link has been down for days. Not exactly something that inspires great confidence...

There is at least one album in MP3 format there that I've been unable to find elsewhere.

Does anyone here have any experience with this site?

I signed up for an account but their "payment facility" link has been down for days. Not exactly something that inspires great confidence...

There is at least one album in MP3 format there that I've been unable to find elsewhere.

I tried to add funds to a site that was very, very similar in layout yesterday because they had Sold Rock by the Temptations, which is unavailable digitally but when I looked more closely it turns out that the source is the vinyl rather than the cd. So it may be that the album that you want is simply a rip from vinyl.

At the prices that they were quoting you might think that it is still worth it (for stuff that it out of print at least) but I'd be amazed if any artists were seeing any royalties.

Bill I registered on that site at the beginning of March. The reason

is I could find tracks that were not available elsewhere. Actually I was

able to buy quite a few. But then a week later they had what they described

as some sort of severe data lost. I could not search or get anything. This lasted

for at least 2 weeks. Now they seem to be back online, but I can't login into my

account. It's as if they lost it. I am reluctant to register again.

I am a bit worried about it.

Denis

How can you think the site is legitimate?

MP3xclusive.com website is a search index on a basis of Database information, provided by our Fileshare Multimedia Network - skyshare.cc - under affiliation conditions. MP3xclusive.com website has neither any control over Skyshare Network content, nor any responsibilities over Skyshare operators.

MP3xclusive.com website:

• does NOT host any MP3 files;

• does NOT sell any music;

• does NOT provide any MP3 downloads;

• carries NO responsibility for content, hosted on Skyshare network;

http://mp3xclusive.com/legal

OK, then, let's check Skyshare.cc

Skyshare.cc is a Premium and Moderated fileshare Network. We provide well-established clusters for sharing your favourite content with your friends and all over the globe!

http://skyshare.cc/about

Skyshare Network \ Legal Information

Information for copyright owners/holders

If you're a copyright owner/holder of some content, hosted by our Network and you would like to disable access to the content without your agreement, we will gladly assist you in removing such content from the Network.

In order to remove the content you should send us e-mail with the following information:

1. Legal proof of your copyrights over requested content:

• scanned version of signed document, or

• email from the official mailbox of the copyright owner company, or

• other information, that can definitely identify you as a copyright owner of the requested content.

2. Text message that will follow the content removal

You can specify where and how to get the content which was removed from our Network, as well as your contact details in the text message.

3. Links to the copyrighted files, that must be removed

After we recieve all the neccessary information, we will remove the copyrighted content from our Network.

our e-mail: skysharecc@gmail.com

ATTENTION!

• We keep the right to publish any of the received e-mails on our website

• We do NOT handle our users activity, which could re-upload your copyrighted content after removal. Upload routine is performed in automated matter, without any control of any person, and such approach corresponds to the world-wide practice of information propagation via Internet. However, we would like to consider all your requests regarding copyrighted content and act accordingly.

http://skyshare.cc/legal

Guest Bill Barton

That's some mighty unimpressive gobbledegook from the legalese boys. Thanks for posting that, Claude. By the sound of all that it's unlikely that I will be parting with any money. Let's see: they don't host any files and they don't sell any music but they want you to pay them for (???). Then their "payment facility" doesn't work. Hmmm...

And thanks to you as well, Denis. Sounds fishier and fishier to me... BTW, welcome to the board!

Edited by Bill Barton

• 8 months later...
Guest Bill Barton

I found an online music store review here. Do you ever heard this one? What do you think guys?

Never used it... Looks pretty fishy to me though. I ran a search for "jazz" on the site. 95% of the artists that came up are way under my radar at least. Granted, there are a few top-notch folks in there like Abbey Lincoln and Abdullah Ibrahim (can you guess that I never made it past the "A"'s?) All in all, it looks to me like you'd be better off dealing with established sources such as eMusic, Itunes or Rhapsody if you're looking for downloads.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

if you're having problems with mp3xclusive.com, try http://www.mp3obsession.com/

it's the same sort of site and i've been using them for a while and ive had no problems with them at all

hope this helps you guys out, if not, hopefully mp3xclusive will be back up soon

Edited by frankielegg