Audio Steal At AudiogoN

Kevin Bresnahan

I have always wished I could afford a pair of the (now deleted) Nautilus 805 Signature speakers in Tiger's Eye finish. I went and demo'ed a pair, and the lowest the guy would go was $3,800 a pair. The cheapest I have ever seen a pair before was $2650/pair.

Then I saw this listing at AudiogoN the other day. $600 a pair?!?! Before I could reply to the ad, it was updated to reflect a "Sold" status. I E-mailed the seller to ask if he might have another pair. His one word response was "No." :)

Wow... just wow. I wish I could have been that lucky buyer. $600?

Later,

Kevin

Wow. That's really cheap. Wonder if it is a scam?

In the feedback, there appears to be a buyer who gave him positive feedback and the seller reciprocated. I suppose that could be done to set up a future scam, but that seems like a lot of trouble to go through. I think it was just a uninformed seller - or maybe just a seller who had no clue how much he paid for them and missed the '3' in front of the 600 on the receipt. :)

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

Sounds like it could well be a scam. I've come across adverts on the likes of gumtree over here for top-end second-hand hi-fi kit at what look to be attractive prices then when you inquire you get legit serial numbers but very suspicious follow-up emails. In such cases I've reported them and the adverts have been removed pretty quick.

I've always stayed clear of such sites and purchased through dealers. At least then you know for sure what you are getting and also that you'll have the appropriate warranty.

Edited by sidewinder

Wow. That's really cheap. Wonder if it is a scam?

In the feedback, there appears to be a buyer who gave him positive feedback and the seller reciprocated. I suppose that could be done to set up a future scam, but that seems like a lot of trouble to go through. I think it was just a uninformed seller - or maybe just a seller who had no clue how much he paid for them and missed the '3' in front of the 600 on the receipt. :)

That smells really fishy, IMHO. As my grandpappy used to say,"If it looks too good to be true...." well you know the rest ;)