Tornado hits downtown Atlanta!!!!

We live south of town, and nary a drop of rain!!!! I think the damage is going to look terrible tomorrow....hopefully no one was killed, but I don't know how all those folks at the Georgia Dome and at the other sports events will get home, they have closed down parts of 75, at least in and out of town!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/03/14/a...nado/index.html

Thanks for the concern. Very weird in so many ways. Thursday was the very warm springlike day in the 70's. Friday was in the low 60's light rain off and on today. No rain at all in the evening, clear skies when we went to dinner around 8 pm. They have shown footage of several brick buildings that have suffered major damage, one old brick building had part of it's 6th floor...just taken off!

How they will finish the SEC basketball tournament tomorrow(Today) is beyond me....

CNN has just gone to the story, weather channel still running canned crap program....Atlanta is only the home town for both, so naturally they couldn't cover the story right away. :rolleyes:

Probably couldn't find the front door! :lol:

I remember tornados in south Georgia when I was a kid, but I didn't realize they hit in Atlanta.

There have been some terrible storms 20-30 miles north of Atlanta(Right over Lake Lanier, the one good thing about these storms) baseball sized hail, and storms that had the local weather guys gasping by their size and strength....now there is a tornado warning west of Atlanta(moving towards Atlanta) in the Douglasville/six flags area if you are familiar with Atlanta area.

Start drinking!!!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!!! ;) All these sporting events again today, and another tornado it looks like going thru Atlanta right now!!!! :eye: Footage right now of a tornado on the ground...if you are are praying sort, please pray for those folks!!!!

It was bound to happen ag'in. Ain't had a nary a twister inside the Perimeter since that one what hit the guv'ner's mansion back in the seventies... damn demicrats...

BTW, I'm north of ATL and I just got a little wind and rain, nothing of any importance. BUT - there was one thing that freaked me out on Saturday afternoon: there was a big bruise-colored cloud rolling in fast out of the west, and riding the front of the wave were about a hundred buzzards flying just over the treetops. Flew right over the house. Looked like something out of a movie. One of those big-budget buzzard movies that the Hollywood cookie-cutter keeps cranking out these days...