Jazz or non-jazz photos

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was home sick when my wife went to visit her Mother in an assisted living facility. That's her on the left. Dominique Eade gave a performance that night - she is on the right. She told my wife that she should take a picture of the guy in the middle as he's the real jazz master in the room. I don't recognize him. My guess is Charlie Mariano but I thought he was both ill and living somewhere in Europe or Africa. Does anyone recognize this guy?

20090520-IMG_3663.jpg

DSC05072.jpg

Love the deer! Rather more impressive than the anaemic ones near me.

[Apologies for buggering-up the quotes above. I'd not set my new album on the host site to public. Edit: The quotes pix have now returned.]

Amazing what you can find within two or three miles (or in one case a few feet) of your home:

0277576395f4d9ac16b05914fc2dedbd34a051fe364f0f8d60eb9130bf51979e805a9151.jpg

One of those deer is not quite like the others.

Experimental breed. Aiming to minimise wastage so you don't get bits people don't want to eat.

Edited by Bev Stapleton

is it wild cherry right from Kermit?

Impressive tree spotting skills, Serioza. It is a cherry tree (not sure if it is wild or otherwise). Cherries are just ripening now...but the birds will get them befoe I do!

The branch on the left is a plum tree.

Both are bearing fruit this year. Neither did last year.

is it wild cherry right from Kermit?

Impressive tree spotting skills, Serioza. It is a cherry tree (not sure if it is wild or otherwise). Cherries are just ripening now...but the birds will get them befoe I do!

The branch on the left is a plum tree.

Both are bearing fruit this year. Neither did last year.

Wild cherry tree has small fruits . Make your garden attractive for the local band of cats to keep birds away. Some trees bearing fruits once in two years , it depends on spieces. I learned gardening from granny ;)

Edited by Serioza

Inspired by an album Lon was listening to, I thought I'd share a couple of pictures from Brazil that I took in 1991.

Ipanema Beach, sunset:

brazilipanema1991.jpg

Cristo Redentor, atop Corcovado:

brazilcristoredentor199e.jpg

Sugar Loaf Mountain (Pao de Azucar), seen from Corcovado:

brazilsugarloaf1991.jpg

Samba show at Plataforma - I wasn't there during Carnival, unfortunately, so this was the next best thing:

brazilsambashow1991.jpg

I flew in this helicopter and we landed in a clearing in the Amazon forest, near Manaus:

brazilamazonlanding1991.jpg

I haven't pulled my old albums out in a long time, and noticed the colors aren't what they once were. I don't know that I even have the negatives anymore either, unfortunately.

Edited by Aggie87