WSJ: lick a magazine ad

Any respectable stealth marketing simply must include 'articles' about the ad campaign . Such advertisements for advertisements also really help stretch that advertising dollar :)

Interesting that you should say that, Chas. Just yesterday I read the text of a speech given by a journalist from England who said that the staffs of today's newspapers are only one-third what they were ten years ago. The result is that the people don't have the time to investigate and write on everything they are assigned to cover. The result of that is that press releases are often passed along as news articles. He said this is also true for 24 hour television news channels.

edit for typo

Edited by GA Russell

Any respectable stealth marketing simply must include 'articles' about the ad campaign . Such advertisements for advertisements also really help stretch that advertising dollar :)

Interesting that you should say that, Chas. Just yesterday I read the text of a speech given by a journalist from England who said that the staffs of today's newspapers are only one-third what they were ten years ago. The result is that the people don't have the time to investigate and write on everything they are assigned to cover. The result of that is that press releases are often passed along as news articles. He said this is also true for 24 hour television news channels.

edit for typo

Yeah, when I was at work, I often used to read my own words in the paper. "Where are the fuckin' journalists?" I'd say. Answer - they're crawling over draft press releases in Government and commerce.

Maybe the schools of journalism aren't producing enough journalists to meet demand? Or maybe news outlets are just becoming skinflints?

MG