March Jazz in NYC -- Which Shows??

Last weekend of the month. I can only hit 2 -- possibly 3 -- shows.

I was thinkin' C, E & F.........but then again D is lookin' good, as is __.

Which ones?

...... aaargh!! 02diary.gif

A) Ravi Coltrane Quartet (Birdland)

B) Charles McPherson Quintet (Jazz Standard)

C) Kendra Shank (w/Frank Kimbrough & Dean Johnson) (55 Bar)

D) 'The Music of Henry Mancini' (Joe Locke, Geoff Keezer, Kenny Washington) (Dizzy's Club Cola)

E) Teddy Charles Quintet (Village Vanguard)

F) Buster Williams Quartet (w/Lenny White, Steve Wilson, George Colligan) (Smoke)

G) Spyro Gyra (Blue Note) Naaaaaaaaaaaa. :crazy:

Last weekend of the month. I can only hit 2 -- possibly 3 -- shows.

E) Teddy Charles Quintet (Village Vanguard)

H) Stick around for the next week's band at the Vanguard :excited:

Yes, a fine idea!!! .....but the question is: will Chris A. be able to put up with me for an entire week if I crash at his place? :unsure: I don't think he's going to like having to run out for various supplies at all hours of the day & nite in order to keep me happy whilst I lounge about the place and soak up culture.

rth0133l.jpg:g

I'll be there the first weekend of April. Besides the Jazz Standard (which has no program for April on the site yet) the other venues are filled with acts I'm not really interested in......Ooops Michael sorry. I'll be at the Vanguard anyway one night so I'll see a set of your's for sure!!!!

I'm hoping to be in New York myself for the Memorial Day weekend.

I don't know Kendra Shank's music, but I do like Frank Kimbrough on piano--however, while the 55 Bar is a really nice small venue, they do not have a piano--the only pianist I've seen there (Jean Michel-Pilc) brought an electric piano with him.

hey Weizen - I know a good park bench on Central Park West - get a good blanket and a loaded pistol and nobody will bother you -

unless it's the Secret Police on Republican patrol -

I hope Guantanamo has a jazz club - enjoy your stay -

:blink: So that's the bench where you hatched the entertaining '3 Cubans, 2 angry Frenchmen, and a Pee Wee Marquette look-alike in a pear tree all firing from the grassy knoll' theory you were kicking around here a few years ago? Cool.....I need to give that bench a whirl and see what wild shit I can dream up!!!!! Thanks for the suggestion......and don't forget to leave a small cooler of Beck's for me under the seat! :excited:

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen