DUDES, can I borrow $5000?!?!?

Jim Alfredson

Isn't $5K cheap for a soprano sax? I thought those suckers went for almost $10K? Someone could buy it and with a little cleaning fluid... erase Gorelick forever! Yeah.

IT is Kenny G's sax.

does that mean he'll stop playing if i buy it?

Act now and save humanity!

Dude, we'll all pool our money and loan you $7,500.

Penthouse Suite on the Smooth Jazz Cruise.

Not cool, not warning us in advance that link would launch some godawful Dave Koz music.

:bad::angry:

Repeated listenings will reveal a great deal of beauty for some open-eared listeners, Dan. :P;)

A friend of mine is going on that cruise, and invited me because he "knew I liked jazz". I politely declined. :w

Isn't $5K cheap for a soprano sax? I thought those suckers went for almost $10K? Someone could buy it and with a little cleaning fluid... erase Gorelick forever! Yeah.

Nah, there are some mint condition, vintage Selmer tenors that sell in the $10K range, but sopranos like this might go $3-4K. No telling what kind of condition it's in. If it was his "road horn" it could have quite a few miles on it. No doubt, the KG provenence will be attractive to someone. They'll bite. KG sure does.

Not cool, not warning us in advance that link would launch some godawful Dave Koz music.

Believe it or not, I didn't think that little clip sounded too bad. Nice pocket. I get the feeling, though, that I don't need to hear any more of the tune than that. :mellow:

Believe it or not, I didn't think that little clip sounded too bad. Nice pocket. I get the feeling, though, that I don't need to hear any more of the tune than that. :mellow:

I'm with you on that. The problem with so much of this type shit ain't that it's intrinsically bad, it's just that everybody's so pussified what they do with it. They should be rockin' that shit, putting some BODY into it, making it REAL, dammit. Instead they wanna play all Mister Nice Guy. Fuck Mister Nice Guy. Not that there's anything wrong with being a nice guy, I mean, I approve of it myself actually, but anybody who's got to be Mister Nice Guy all the gotdammed time, especially to the point of coming off like Oh Baby I'm Such A Mister Nice Guy That I'll Love You But Never Fuck You Or Even Think About Fucking You Because Even Though I Have A Dick That Works I'll Not Use It On/For/With You Because Hey, I'm Mister Nice Guy So Buy My Music And Feel Safe is a fucked up human being, simple as that.

And if I was on that cruise, I would hang exclusively with George Duke & Tower Of Power and singlehandedly restore their confidence that at this point in their non-careers that their best bet would be to just let it fly all crazy mad like they used to.

I would be forever banned from all Dave Koz Smooth Jazz Cruises, but I ain't in this for the money doncha' know.

And if I was on that cruise, I would hang exclusively with George Duke & Tower Of Power and singlehandedly restore their confidence that at this point in their non-careers that their best bet would be to just let it fly all crazy mad like they used to.

ToP was super-bad when I saw them in Utah last August. I wouldn't worry about them at all.

That's good to know. Their last few records have been kinda...complacent. But damn, that band's legacy is freakin' awesome. Glad to hear they still do it live.

A few years ago Rocco (original bass player) and Dave Garibaldi (original drummer) rejoined the band. Made the sound of the band (at least live) pretty slammin'. Good trumpet players, some tenor guy still trying to fill Lenny's shoes, and Doc Kupka still farting away. Add a singer who can get the crowd going, and the whole package is pretty much there. :tup

I'm with you on that. The problem with so much of this type shit ain't that it's intrinsically bad, it's just that everybody's so pussified what they do with it. They should be rockin' that shit, putting some BODY into it, making it REAL, dammit. Instead they wanna play all Mister Nice Guy. Fuck Mister Nice Guy. Not that there's anything wrong with being a nice guy, I mean, I approve of it myself actually, but anybody who's got to be Mister Nice Guy all the gotdammed time, especially to the point of coming off like Oh Baby I'm Such A Mister Nice Guy That I'll Love You But Never Fuck You Or Even Think About Fucking You Because Even Though I Have A Dick That Works I'll Not Use It On/For/With You Because Hey, I'm Mister Nice Guy So Buy My Music And Feel Safe is a fucked up human being, simple as that.

I think you've captured the essence there.

MG