Question about Google images search?

I just had an odd thing happen. I was standing in the front office at my kid's school, chatting up an employee about Led Zeppelin (she's a fan) and I mentioned having recently purchased some Zep mini lps. She wasn't totally sure what mini lps were, so she proceeded to Google mini lps & then clicked images -- and right there on the first page I suddenly see my profile photo (drinking a pint) from this board :rfr and my daughter points and says 'Dad, isn't that you?' :lol: 'Twas a bit odd to say the least. Anyway, why would Google grab my profile picture rather than my avatar, or even the picture I have on the signature line? How does it work?

I just had an odd thing happen. I was standing in the front office at my kid's school, chatting up an employee about Led Zeppelin (she's a fan) and I mentioned having recently purchased some Zep mini lps. She wasn't totally sure what mini lps were, so she proceeded to Google mini lps & then clicked images -- and right there on the first page I suddenly see my profile photo (drinking a pint) from this board :rfr and my daughter points and says 'Dad, isn't that you?' :lol: 'Twas a bit odd to say the least. Anyway, why would Google grab my profile picture rather than my avatar, or even the picture I have on the signature line? How does it work?

Way to make an impression at school, Dad. :g