Mosaic sales: how often?

As a newbie to the Mosaic world, I have had a few items on my radar. Im almost ready to pull the trigger, but I thought I should ask first. How often are Mosaic sales? Is it predictable when the next one will be? I'd feel like a sucker ordering something now and find out that their next scheduled sale is in a couple of weeks or something.

I'm sure some may disagree, but I've never found Mosaic's sales to be anything special. At least not special enough to hold off on an order for. They may be something like "certain sets 10% off" or free shipping, but if you're looking to order Mosaic boxes, you're gonna be spending alot of money anyways. They don't have scheduled sales for the most part anyways. I say don't wait!

Edited by sal

The best prices you'll find on Mosaics are at deepdiscount.com.

Thanks, but they dont have what I want:

* Ellington Small Groups

* Boogie Woogie Piano/Blues

* Bird Mosaic

If you're not real anxious to have them soon you may want to wait it out. The Gillespie Mosaic didn't show up for quite a while and it's now available at deepdiscount.

For a couple of years I recall a sale happening in August, although there have been Augusts without sales. As others have said, the best deals affecting big boxes tend to be 10% off on selected sets or free shipping when you spend some amount such as $100. The big boxes that get targeted for sales tend to be pre-WWII jazz sets or the larger more expensive sets (say with 7 discs.)

I think last year they had a sale on Selects where they were being offered at the old price. Or maybe it was just a warning that prices were going up, so buy them soon.

I doubt your 2 big boxes will specifically go on sale (though of course they could benefit from a free shipping sale.) Mosaic owns the Bird set outright so there aren't time constraints on that one. Recent Ellington sets, such as the Reprise sold at a pretty good clip. Although the small group material has been more easily available recently so perhaps it won't sell as fast (also factoring the in economy.)

If you want them I think I'd just go ahead and get 'em.

Edited by Quincy