Australian Open Tennis 2008

You misconstue what I mean by luck. Nadal and Verdasco was anybody's match. Nadal did not have such an easy time as you would make it out to be. They both fought a hard battle and the last point could have gone either way had Verdasco hit a better shot. That was how close it was and luck does play into that when it is that close. This is not a knock on Nadal's talent, but call it like it is. Nadal just about did not make the Finals period.

On the flip side, I don't think Fed was mentally prepared to go another five setter with Nadal on the hard court. Too bad, but hey, this was a match made in tennis heaven. :party:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I see your point now Bruce. True, Nadal had a battle on his hands and quite frankly Verdasco was playing top five seed tennis and it took a toll on Nadal. But Nadal did clench that fifth set, even if it wasn't the most elegant way to end it. Needless to say, Nadal was the underdog going into the final and Fed let the errors creepin, which therein sealed Fed's chances in winning the match.