Pristine Classics

jostber

I just have to say badges like XR mastering (or whatever) sound too much like an attempt to seduce folks with bs and make me suspectful. The recording biz, the auto industry, the cold cereal industry, etc is filled with this stuff.

I just suspect/hate phony titling of work - it is either good work or not. If it is good, it should find an audience and you might be able to sell it to the folks holding the original masters. If it is really a new software program worthy of a patent, tell us more.

edit for typo

Edited by Chuck Nessa

It's not a new software program - wouldn't my life be more easy if it was. It is a new series of techniques to remaster recordings to fix problems that are beyond usual methods. Sorry that you've been blitzed by so much phoney (or otherwise) marketing to the extent that you've become totally cynical about it all. For our customers I felt the need to distinguish quickly and easily, in such a way as can be read on a 150x150px onscreen cover artwork graphic, that a particular recording has been processed in this way - there are plenty on our site which pre-date this. It's also a shorthand way of distinguishing these recordings from run-of-the-mill restorations when I'm working for other record labels.

As I've said already - the proof is in the listening. That's why we include a full-length track or movement as a very high quality MP3 for all our recordings online - I'm not trying to pull the wool over your eyes (or ears!) but we do need a 'shorthand' means of signalling to those who do know what it is, that a particular recording has had this additional treatment.

P.S. There seems to have been a lot of theoretical discussion here, but nobody's really said anything about what they think of the work I've done on this. Have any of you actually taken a listen to it? This is a LAME-encoded (VBR "extreme" preset, joint-stereo) MP3 of track four, "Wee (Allen's Alley)":

http://tinyurl.com/2455md

Edited by PristineAudio