The last roundup

Dave James

Is it just me or is the fact that we're only several days away from the release of "The Flip" causing the same kind of reaction in others as it is in me? After all, this is the last of the "unheard" Hank. That's it...the vaults have been scoured clean...there isn't anything else.

I still recall with great fondness when I first tied into Mobley many years ago and how blown away I was by his sound, his music and his writing. I spent months accumulating everything of his I could get my hands on. And, believe me, back then, this stuff was not easy to come by. Worth every scintella of the effort, though, as each new recording was joy to experience. Now it's down to this. For me, kind of like the bittersweet feeling you get when you return home after a long vacation. Something you'd like to do all over again.

Anyone else, or am I horribly alone in my solitude?

Up over and out.

Guest ariceffron

WHATR THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. WHEN ARE THEY RELASING THE FLIP? THAT IS GREAT NEWS. AND WHATS UP WITH THIS HANK/BOWLING THING. I HAVE THE DOWNBEAT INTERVIEW IT NEVER SAYS THAT. WHAT IN THE ARE YOU CRAZY GUYS TALKING ABOUT. WHAT DO YOU THINK HANK THOGHT OF STEELY DAN. I BET HANK WOULD LIKE THEIR NEW RECORD