Complete Three Stooges Shorts on DVD?

vajerzy

I think my favorite part was the cartoon violence- pliers on the nose, files on the tongue, pipes in the eye etc.

Also I loved that great velcro tearing sound when Larry's hair was pulled out. And when Shemp's greasy combover would hang down his face.

I think it was in Moe's book where he talked about some of those pie fights- they would scrape up the filling from the floor to re-use, so often there were nails and other surprises embedded in the pies.

Nyuk nyuk nyuk......

Edited by Free For All

As a kid I gave them all the chance in the world, but they never once made me laugh. In college I joined a bunch of stoned friends at a Stooges festival and I had to fake laughter in order to fit in.

this only confirms what i've always thought/feared about you. i weep openly for your loss.

Don't know what you think/fear about me but I'll tell you that I find the 3 Stooges sad. Not only don't they make me laugh but they depress me. There's something tawdry about the whole experience of watching these ugly men getting through another short film. And I've always imagined that the supporting actors and actresses were down on their luck bit players clinging to the underside of Hollywood in order to survive. The whole thing reeks of the Depression. I may be wrong but...

well, yes and no - the films were extremely successful, but the Stooges were not - apparently Moe negotiated their deals, and he was a terrible agent, so in later years they received not a penny from the early shorts. They started making some money again when they became big on the College circuit and started touring - there is, actually, a very good TV movie about them -