Happy Birthday Dan!

Thanks guys.

Not that anyone asked, but I think I did OK on my day late record expedition:

Ruby Braff Goes "Girl Crazy" on Warner, the Gershwin score gets the treatment from Ruby, Al Cohn, Hank Jones, Jim Hall, George Duvivier and Buzzy Drootin

The Upper Manhattan Jazz Society on Enja, Charlie Rouse, Benny Bailey and Al Dailey

An apparently very rare Joe Newman LP, Way Down Blues, on Honey Dew, Ross Tompkins heads the trio doing the backing.

Benny Powell, Coast to Coast on Trident, Powell with an LA group (Herman Riley, Andy Simpkins, Gildo Mahones, Donald Bailey and then with a New York group (Cliff Jordan, Vernel Fournier, Mickey Tucker and Ray Drummond)

an Argo LP I've seen on Ebay, Bonnie Graham, Brown Gal

an Eddie Higgins LP, live in concert on the Cape with a trio of trumpeters

A really oddball LP by Dick Hyman, AMG pretty much pans it, its called Sweet Sweet Soul and it features Hyman on piano, organ and clavinette, overdubbed, doing tunes like Soul Man, Chain of Fools and Sittin on the Dock of the Bay! For $5 I figured what the hey.

And the true piece de resistance, a piece I now see that the AMG calls a true collector's item:

Phil Urso, Taking Sides, on Spinster Records, Eddie Higgins is on this, that's why I noticed it, but so is ... Allen Eager. And it was sealed and next to nothin'!

I done

good!

Once again, I'm late to the party. Happy Birthday to one of the great guys here. If I can relate a story: one time back on the BNBB, woodymaggie (where is Pete anyway?) posted about how he was looking for a Dameronia burn and so I chimed in that I'd like to get one too if anybody was offering. Next thing Dan posts "guys, check your mail boxes." Plus, I can't tell you how many Sounds burns he's given me and he wouldn't take any burns in return for them. Simply a great guy. Well, next year we can make with the wisecracks when he turns 39. Happy birthday once again :):D

Edited by Brad