PayPal Dispute

No way I'd send that info. If the person is no longer registered, they are outside of eBay and you have no protection then. I suspect this account has been hijacked and this person is trying to get your personal info.

I'd contact eBay. Try calling them at (800) 322-9266. Sometimes I get better results from a phone call. At a minimum, you should let them know what's going on.

Did your CC company give you a charge back yet? If they did, given that this seller has been booted from eBay, you don't have to worry about anything. EBay won't even give you any grief because the seller's been kicked out of their system. You're free and clear.

Kevin

OK, now I just got this message in my e-mail. Hmm... now I'm really confused. This is a guy who said he sent my item out two months ago, claims he bought insurance yet didn't have a tracking number when I told him abut the non-receipt, then said he was sending out another one and subsequently dissapeared for a whole month until now. Is his account hacked or what?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please email me with your mailing address so I can make sure it matches with my shipping log the item is at post and scheduled to arrive to you within the next 10-12 business days.

Hi:

Please email your:

Name

Address

City

State

Zip Code

Item(s) Auction description:

How you paid:

Date you paid:

Amount you paid:

Copy / Paste and email this information to: l---------@---.com .

I

Thank You,

LabelleNightbird@eBay

CH

I'm beginning to agree with Kevin but I am not sure what personal info is being gained. Its not like he's asked for your paypal account info or anything like that. You've already given name and address anyway.

But that line "at post" is a red flag. Not something an American would say, so if he was shipping from the States, I'd have to say this is bogus and Kevin is right.

Another thing - if you send that info to that person and they are the seller, they could conceivably forward that to eBay as "evidence" that you are still awaiting the item and that your CC charge back is an unpaid bidder strike.

I'd get my money from the CC charge back, drop this and run away fast.

Also, make sure to put that seller's eBay ID on your blocked bidder list in case they get reinstated and they try to get back at you.

Kevin

If the guy is no longer a registered user, then eBay (and, I assume, PayPal) are out of it completely. Once someone is kicked off eBay (and make no mistake, if they have the "no longer a registered user" tag, they were kicked out!), the whole thing is over as far as eBay is concerned. Any attempt to complete the deal is asking for trouble. Be thankful you had the protection from the CC company and move on!