Release dates Lionel Hampton set, Piano Boogie Woogie Select

J.A.W.

Please remind me what these two are. Is the Hampton the Victors and Deccas from the thirties/forties?

MG

From Mosiac's website:

The Complete Victor Lionel Hampton Sessions (1937-1941)

This five disc set concentrates on the Victor recordings of Lionel Hampton's studio sessions from 1937 to 1941. These all star dates have been revered for years and include a "who's who" of swing stars: Ziggy Elman, Harry James, Cootie Williams, Jess Stacy, Johnny Hodges, Cozy Cole, Jonah Jones, Vido Musso, Benny Carter, Herschel Evans, Chu Berry, Billy Kyle, Jo Jones, Rex Stewart, Dizzy Gillespie, Coleman Hawkins, Ben Webster, Charlie Christian, Red Allen, JC Higginbotham, Ed Hall, Joe Sullivan, Zutty Singleton, Nat Cole and Sir Charles Thompson. There are over 100 tunes including 10 previously unissued alternates.

Hans, have you heard anything about the release date of the Quincy Jones set???

• 2 months later...

[(while HM Customs & Excise exercise their little minds about whether I can have this box).

They have just 'dinged' me big time with the 'sale' package.

Cancels out the savings. Hope you have better luck. :rcry

They missed the Onzy Matthews select, so I guess I've had my luck for this year :(

But this set will be WORTH it - I've got 20 of the tracks on a cheapo comp and they're hot stufferoonies.

MG