Coleman Hawkins Ratings confusion

Jazztropic

Read through the Coleman Hawkins thread on this site and some members offered opinions on his cds.Like Hawk Relaxes and others that AMG gave very poor ratings.I never came across a bad Hawkins cd yet.Anyone have thoughts on the differences .I do not find AMG always reliable but it is a good reference.

BTW Chuck Nessa may be able to answer What is the Uptown cd release of C Hawkins Jamestown 1949 (think that is the title) is like.Is it esential?The next gift card I get I may get it.

Thanks

Read through the Coleman Hawkins thread on this site and some members offered opinions on his cds.Like Hawk Relaxes and others that AMG gave very poor ratings.I never came across a bad Hawkins cd yet.Anyone have thoughts on the differences .I do not find AMG always reliable but it is a good reference.

BTW Chuck Nessa may be able to answer What is the Uptown cd release of C Hawkins Jamestown 1949 (think that is the title) is like.Is it esential?The next gift card I get I may get it.

Thanks

AMG can be useful as a tool for finding out what exists, and when it was released. I would take many of the ratings with a grain of salt.