LF: CD of Temptations - Solid Rock

felser

This was the 1972 album that had "Superstar" and "Take A Look Around" on it. It's the only Norman Whitfield-produced Temps CD that I don't have. I have most of the cuts on other Temps collections, but would like to have the actual album in context. Thx for your help. I find the Norman Whitfield and Frank Wilson-produced Motown albums from the early 70's to be pretty wonderful, very strong start to finish, and very underrated IMO. Wilson is especially underappreciated (Whitfield at least gets some props). "Up The Ladder To The Roof" is an absolutely breathtaking production, still gives me chills 37 years later, even when I play it a bunch of times in a row. 'My People Hold On' by Eddie Kendricks is another lost Wilson-produced gem.

I have been looking for this on cd for ages too John - almost to the point that I am a bit sceptical that it was ever released on cd! I love the Whitfield Temptations albums and although I am a huge David Ruffin fan the Dennis Edwards LPs are, in my opinion, vastly superior.

I ended up picking up the vinyl for £0.99 on ebay and although I enjoyed it, I felt that it was probably the weakest of the Whitfield-era albums (although I need to listen to 1990 a bit more before I could be definite). For one thing I don't think that there is a stand-out track.

Would still like to have it on cd too, so feel free to contact me once John has got his cd :D

• 4 months later...

I am new to the post and read the comments regarding (rarity) The Temptations cd "Solid Rock". I am a Tempts fan too and was fortunate enough to nab a copy of the afforementioned cd approximately 10 or 11 years ago. I have to agree with you that it is a hard one to find. It would be interesting to knwo just how many cd copies were released. I thgought about auction this one on E-Bay but realized that if I sold it, it would be a difficult one to repurchase. I just wanted to let you know that it was released on cd years ago. :bwallace2: