Cover Art Grabber (for iTunes)

Rooster_Ties

I'm wary about no-name program add-ons...I don't know whether the program is doing something nefarious on my computer while it's doing its announced task.
It's not an add-on - just a search engine for cover art.

It seems to mean well, but when you put in Zappa's Hot Rats, for instance, it states that it's not available(?)

So, it has it's limitations even for well-known items. It's alternative - which is going thru the iTunes store -

is a bit cumbersome - especially if you don't even have the store readily available to you.

Anyway, it's another consideration, but I'll probably stick with a Google-search-album-art script for now.

Edited by rostasi

I found this site:

http://www.free-covers.com/

I haven't spent a lot of time with it,

but it seems to do a pretty good job

of providing covers at various sizes.

It's supposed to work for DVD covers as well.

It does mention "back covers",

but so far, I've found it to only show song titles.

There's a "tracks" link as well, but it's spotty.

Anyway, a backup alternative of sorts...

a quick check on the On The Corner title

shows it at 475X475, and the complete session at 455X455...

Edited by rostasi

This certainly isn't the fanciest program, and it appears that it hasn't been updated in awhile, but I've had good luck with Album Art Aggregator.

It searches amazon.com/amazon.com.jp/amazon.com.uk/amazon.de for album art. A good place to start, but lots of stuff still missing (Mosaic covers, in particular).

WARNING!!! I went to www.free-covers.com, and it tried to load a bunch of crap on my system!!!
Wow, between that and your previous comment,

your system must be wide open. Sorry, if anyone else has this prob.

It doesn't happen here on this machine otherwise I wouldn't have recommended it.

WARNING!!! I went to www.free-covers.com, and it tried to load a bunch of crap on my system!!!
Wow, between that and your previous comment,

your system must be wide open. Sorry, if anyone else has this prob.

It doesn't happen here on this machine otherwise I wouldn't have recommended it.

Nah, not wide open - I have a Mac. I said it tried; didn't succeed (I hope). But when a pop-up box asks if you want a "free scan" of your computer, I've read elsewhere it wants to install stuff you don't want. And it wouldn't let me close my browser - I had to force quit.

Nah, not wide open - I have a Mac. I said it tried; didn't succeed (I hope). But when a pop-up box asks if you want a "free scan" of your computer, I've read elsewhere it wants to install stuff you don't want. And it wouldn't let me close my browser - I had to force quit.
Hmmm. I've got one too. Can you disable pop-ups in your browser? I remember Safari having that ability.

I'm using Firefox which I've got all set to disable those, so they just never makes it to my desktop. If it's doing something weird, I usually don't notice.

Hmmm. I've got one too. Can you disable pop-ups in your browser? I remember Safari having that ability.

I'm using Firefox which I've got all set to disable those, so they just never makes it to my desktop. If it's doing something weird, I usually don't notice.

Funny, I just got this new computer...I disabled pop-ups long ago in my old computers, so didn't remember I have to go in and do it. Thanks!

Still, I maintain that any site that pushes that crap onto you probably isn't to be trusted.