NCAA Football 2007

I'm sure there will be much bitching and moaning.

Allow me to get it started......... :)

Mizzou's loss last night turned out to be pretty costly. No BCS anything for them. That doesn't seem fair.

Kansas made out pretty well though.

A season like this one, with so many upsets and so many teams peaking late, is a good argument for a playoff system of some sort.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A season like this one, with so many upsets and so many teams peaking late, is a good argument for a playoff system of some sort.

I agree. It doesn't seem fair to me that Hawaii, which is undefeated (despite their strength of schedule), can't be considered for the National Championship..... while the LSU Tigers, with two losses, could win it all.

I don't think Hawaii is probably as good as either OSU or LSU, but it seems like they've earned the right to at least play them to see.

Meanwhile, my 7-5 Aggies are playing Penn State in the Alamo Bowl. Gary Darnell (Def. Coordinator) will coach them in the game, and then turn the reins over to Mike Sherman.

I agree. It doesn't seem fair to me that Hawaii, which is undefeated (despite their strength of schedule), can't be considered for the National Championship..... while the LSU Tigers, with two losses, could win it all.

I don't think Hawaii is probably as good as either OSU or LSU, but it seems like they've earned the right to at least play them to see.

Meanwhile, my 7-5 Aggies are playing Penn State in the Alamo Bowl. Gary Darnell (Def. Coordinator) will coach them in the game, and then turn the reins over to Mike Sherman.

Right. The lack of strength of Hawaii's schedule keeps them out of the championship mix, which given the current system makes sense, but a playoff system would allow underdog teams like them a chance to play against the larger programs, like in the NCAA tourney. I think an eight-team playoff would be reasonable. I'm not in favor of extending the season any more than is necessary, but this season has exposed the major flaws of the current system.

And good luck to the Aggies in their almost-a-home-game bowl! :party:

Edited by Free For All

I'm sure there will be much bitching and moaning.

Allow me to get it started......... :)

Mizzou's loss last night turned out to be pretty costly. No BCS anything for them. That doesn't seem fair.

Kansas made out pretty well though.

Mizzou and Tennessee both got screwed with conference championship games. Where as Georgia and Kansas both made out pretty well.

Of course it would be different if they won, obviously.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, Georgia killed Hawaii. I didn't think it would be THAT much of a blowout. The Hawaii team seemed very tense and intimidated from the git-go, kind of what one might have expected. I would have loved to see 'em kick Georgia's ass, or at least made a respectable showing.

The schedule-strength issue definitely has some validity. Welcome to the big leagues, boys! USF got wiped out too.

Edited by Free For All