The NFL Page

That's funny, Paul.

:)

I have the NFL Sunday Ticket on Direct TV. My wife is from Cleveland and I am from Michigan so we try to catch all the Lions and Browns games we can when the Titans aren't playing. :wacko:

Swap places with you... ;)

This is purely rhetorical but why on Earth would anyone voluntarily spend 3 1/2 hours watching the Browns or Lions? :blink:

The Browns were a decent team last year and were definitely worth watching, but the Lions....I mean, Barry Sanders' recent comments regarding his early retirement speaks volumes.

It would be nice to actually have a good team in this area. Well, they say NFL is characterized by parity. I guess it could happen.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't complain what the nfl gives you, we get all the cards' road game.

(un) lucky us.

my picks

5 star lock and sunday nite

carolina - 1 vs falcons

others

eagles - 5 1/2 vs cowgirlzzz

steelers - 4 1/2 vs oakland

pats - 3 vs dolphins

tenn - 3 1/2 vs indy

kc + 3 vs denver

jets + 3 vs buffalo

upset special

bears + 7 vs green bay.

the browns pick will come later

ss1

Fumble!

Fumble!

Fumble!

Fumble!

4 damn fumbles, 3 on freakin' special teams. Jeez! McNair was looking good, but the offense wasn't on the field enough. Gonna be a struggle to get the wild card now. We're playing Buffalo next, who looked darn good this week vs. the Jets.

Big time props to the Pats. Did you see all the snowballs being fired from the crowd?

I live near the Colts Complex and sometimes see the players in our neighborhood convenience store, usually on Mondays. I always give them their space, remain calm, let them go about their business etc. However, if I see Marvin tomorrow I might have to high five him, chest bump him and slap him on the ass. Well, on second thought, that might result in some type of restraining order, so maybe I should just keep it inside. :lol:

Good (but unfortunate for me) call on the Chiefs. Looks like all of our defensive weaknesses were exposed for the world to view. That is not particularly fixable in the final three games. On the plus side, Trent green continues to play his butt off. Best Chiefs QB since Dawson, IMHO.

Eric

Fumble!

Fumble!

Fumble!

Fumble!

4 damn fumbles, 3 on freakin' special teams. Jeez! McNair was looking good, but the offense wasn't on the field enough. Gonna be a struggle to get the wild card now. We're playing Buffalo next, who looked darn good this week vs. the Jets.

Big time props to the Pats. Did you see all the snowballs being fired from the crowd?

Bigtime overreaction, Jim.

Indy's got some firepower.

Tennesse will definitely win a wild card. Remember, Miami was set back with that loss to New England.

Wild cards: Tennessee, Denver, Miami. No one else has a likely shot.

Good (but unfortunate for me) call on the Chiefs. Looks like all of our defensive weaknesses were exposed for the world to view. That is not particularly fixable in the final three games. On the plus side, Trent green continues to play his butt off. Best Chiefs QB since Dawson, IMHO.

Eric

It is because of KC's average defense that I think New England is the best team in football.

KC is good, but they've only beaten two good teams: Denver (8 wins) and Miami (8 wins.)

NE has defeated Philly (11 wins), Indy (10 wins), Tennesse (9 wins) Denver (8 wins) Miami twice! (8 wins) We're 7-0 against teams with wnning records this season.

But the playoffs is another story! The past doesn't count much when that begins.

Anyone see dude's helmet get shattered last night in the Dolphins game? Split clean in two like an egg! I have never seen anything like that happen, save the Earl Campbell highlight against the Rams where his jersey got ripped off and he kept running (right after he folded a db's chest in half with his helmet).

Not a fan these days, but thought you guys might be interested in this proposal to broadcast two Monday night football games.

Appreciate it, David.

Darn fine idea too.

Get this guys: this is Sunday's television lineup here in Toledo.

1:00 Detroit at KC

1:00 Green Bay at San Diego

4:15 Cleveland at Denver

I'll be heading to the billiard hall in order to watch some real games.

This is the kind of shit we've got to put up with every Sunday. The people in charge of programming need to take a mandatory course on the NFL.

I definitely approve of two Monday games, because Sunday we never see anything around here.

lock

ne - 7 vs j-ville

rest

dallas - 2 1/2 vs washington. girlz lose this one their season is over

over 44 1/2 points in kc and lions game

rams - 7 vs seattle

vikings - 3 vs bears

upset

sd + 5 vs green bay

browns pick

portis will not get 5 tds vs us today

browns + all the points you can get

sunday nite

over 40 points in no and ny giants game

monday nite

eagles + 2 vs miami

ss1

I'm a soccer man myself (not American, only ever been to your patch once!) - but we get a bit of NFL on the TV over here...What's with this Michael Vick guy??? Maybe it's because I don't understand football well enough, but he's probably the one player who I've ever seen who's made me sit up and appreciate individual brilliance (I think it was a comeback game of his I saw - maybe something like Falcons/Tennessee???)

Anyway, I'm happy to watch the game when he's playing!

I'm a soccer man myself (not American, only ever been to your patch once!) - but we get a bit of NFL on the TV over here...What's with this Michael Vick guy??? Maybe it's because I don't understand football well enough, but he's probably the one player who I've ever seen who's made me sit up and appreciate individual brilliance (I think it was a comeback game of his I saw - maybe something like Falcons/Tennessee???)

Anyway, I'm happy to watch the game when he's playing!

There are obviously a lot of talented athletes in the NFL such as Michael Vick. They're fun to watch, but to me, the joy of football is to watch a team win the game, not individuals.

Football is a team sport and the whole is definitely greater than the sum of its parts. Witness the New England Patriots, who have no real superstars on their team. Everyone contributes to their victories from special teams to the defense to the offense to the role players to the coaching staff to the head of player personnel.

They just play good team ball, which is a dependable way to win. Individual brilliance can win some games, but in the end you cannot rely upon it.

Edited by connoisseur series500