Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was an exciting game between the Frenchies but neither team looked like squads that would be contenders for the big title, way too many holes on defense.

Specially the Bordeaux defense :excited: Coach Laurent Blanc had better revamp that!

I don't see either of the French teams go into the final match!

Will be watching the return match too! On their home ground, Barca should be able to overcome Arsenal!

I'm sure they will.

Manchester United disappointed me last Saturday. Federico Macheda plays much better than Barbatov and I hope Sir Alex will give him more opportunities to show us what he knows.

macheda1.jpg

Edited by B. Goren.

Gallant effort by Les Girondins but it was not enough, both teams made concerted efforts not to leave those defensive gaps that plagued them during the first leg. Meawhile quite an upset in the other game. No Premier League representative in the Semis.

Edited by Van Basten II

I’m actually really excited about these semifinals coming up. Although a Bayern/Barca final seems like the logical prediction, both teams would do well not to underestimate their opponents. Lyon’s style seems like it will make for a very good match against Bayern. I’m really excited to see those two teams go at it. And if there’s anyone who can figure out how to pick at Barcelona, it’s Jose Mourinho.

Meawhile quite an upset in the other game. No Premier League representative in the Semis.

Thank goodness ! It was worth it just to see 'Sir Alec' Ferguson totally p*ssed off. :)

Made me laugh how he was complaining that Bayern were clustering around the referee to get Da Silva sent off. Particularly when you consider how his teams have often done exactly the same thing.

I'm greatly looking forward to the Superclassico! It looks to be one of the biggest and best encounters between these two teams in years.

In the meantime, I'm chewing my nails off in anticipation of my Villans' FA Cup semifinal clash with Chelsea in about 30 minutes.

The wonderful French national team working hard to prepare for the World Cup...

from the Daily Telegraph today!

Names, brownie, I want to know the names of the players who are working so hard...

:angry:

The most prominent player named so far is Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery. His lawyer has confirmed Ribery has been heard as a witness in the prostitution case. He has not been charged.

Lyon's Sidney Govou has also been heard as a witness. No charge.

The two other names mentioned are Real Madrid's Karim Benzema and Marseille's Hatem Ben Arfa who will be heard in the case in the next few days.

Don't know how Champions League tv rights are done in other countries but here they are pretty crap, despite that the all 4 semi-final games will be played on different days, the Lyon-Bayern will be covered by Sportsnet a regular cable network which you can get on a regular cable deal without any extra fees. But the Barca-Inter will be covered by Setanta Sports a neytwork that charges 15 $ extra by month to be unscrambled.

I was ok with them splitting the broadcasts when they were simultaneous games but there is no reason for the main network not to pick up both games. Who knows maybe the final will have one network showing the first half and the other the second half.bwallace.gif

Ultimately it means I will have to dish out an extra 15 $ plus taxes to see two fuckin games, the rest of the programmation is mostly EPL action but which is fine except I don't have time to watch any of that, I basically have the time to watch one game by day max. And the EPL not being the only league that raises my interest.

Edited by Van Basten II