Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I shall be wearing a black armband for the rest of the summer. :rcry :rcry :rcry

Xabi Alonso tells Rafael Benítez he wants to leave Liverpool

Kind of lame, as Liverpool seems poised to be the best team in the EPL next season. But then again, moving to the La Liga seems to be the "sexy" thing to do this summer if you're one of the best players in the world, as Xabi surely is.

Definitely lame, he was so good last season but he had a major falling out with Benítez, I think the first one was down to the fact that Alonso didn't want to travel to the Inter away game the season before last as his wife was about to give birth and that Rafa was tring to sign Gareth Barry, who is no way as good as Alonso. Still if Liverpool can get £30 million for him, which he is most definitely worth, it would soften the blow a bit.

If Adebayor is worth £25 million, I must be worth at least £5 million.

Adebayor passes Man City medical

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shall be wearing a black armband for the rest of the summer. :rcry :rcry :rcry

Kind of lame, as Liverpool seems poised to be the best team in the EPL next season...

Ooh...I'd have to resepctfully disagree here! I have to come clean and admit to being not their biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but nonetheless, I was pretty amazed they finished where they did last season...minus Alonso (should that happen), they'll rely even more heavily on Gerrard...if he doesn't get his quota of goals, or if he should get an injury somewhere along the way, I can certainly see them not getting an automatic Champions' League spot for 2010-11...

Kind of lame, as Liverpool seems poised to be the best team in the EPL next season...

Ooh...I'd have to resepctfully disagree here! I have to come clean and admit to being not their biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but nonetheless, I was pretty amazed they finished where they did last season...minus Alonso (should that happen), they'll rely even more heavily on Gerrard...if he doesn't get his quota of goals, or if he should get an injury somewhere along the way, I can certainly see them not getting an automatic Champions' League spot for 2010-11...

And you're basing that opinion on what??? Gerrard and Torres were injured a lot last season, they started less than 20 games together or something like that.

Losing Alonso would be a big blow, but no CL??? eh, don't think so, you're way off.

Am i the only one who feels that Inter is the big winner og the trade Eto'o Ibrahimovic ?

No you're not, weirdest trade ever and Inter got paid as well as getting Eto.

Yep i know Ibrahimovic has a 4 year contract while Eto'o will be free next year but still.... considering what is the real worth of a contract in international Futbol...

Am i the only one who feels that Inter is the big winner og the trade Eto'o Ibrahimovic ?

No you're not, weirdest trade ever and Inter got paid as well as getting Eto.

Yep i know Ibrahimovic has a 4 year contract while Eto'o will be free next year but still.... considering what is the real worth of a contract in international Futbol...

Yep, it was one of the worst deals ever and now that Helb won't go to Inter on loan, Barca actually have to pay more than the "Barca will part with a reported 45million euros" quoted in this article.

Ibra seals Barca switch

And Ibrahimovic is out for 3 weeks so he probably won't be fully fit for the start of the season!!!

Ibrahimovic out for three weeks

It was a seemingly ridiculous deal, but I have always heard that Pep and Eto'o had some major personality conflicts. Seems like Eto'o had to go. And who else was Barca capable of acquiring that could fill Eto'o's shoes? Besides Ibrahimovic, maybe only David Villa?

Another elite footballer has died of a sudden heart attack. Espanyol's team captain Daniel Jarque, 26, died on his hotel room after a training, apparently in the middle of a phone conversation with his girlfriend, who is pregnant in the 8th month. He played in a match against Liverpool just a week before his death.

870887_mediumsquare.jpg

This comes two years after Sevilla's Antonio Puerta, 22, died during a match.

Is anybody as excited about tomorrow's USA/Mexico World Cup Qualifier as I am? These matches are always hard for me, having an american born mother and a mexican born father. But I love seeing the intense rivalry come to life through very physical play and rowdy fans. I'm predicting a mexico win, not only because its at Azteca Stadium, but Mexico is riding that wave right now.

By the way, RIP to Daniel Jarque. That was very sad to hear about.