Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Did anyone see the England-Sweden semi-final match in the U21 European Championship? England with Theo Walcott had 3-0 after the first half, but in the second Sweden came back to 3-3 and even was close to a 4-3 goal. In the end England clinched it in a penalty shoot-out. Very entertaining game.

Marcus Berg scored 7 goals in the championship, including 2 against England. His value must have been raised considerably on the market after that.

The final is tonight between England and Germany.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes and no, if he stays fit he could be a wonderful addition to the squad but that's a big if. The fact that his best mate Shearer didn't even play him towards the end of the season speaks volumes though.

I don't agree that Alex Ferguson is "the country's most shrewd manager", he's bought more that his share of flops, like they all have I suppose but his ones are always expensive, Veron anyone???

I wonder how much Owen is getting paid? But regardless, its an interesting acquisition for Man U. I'm interested to see how he'll do, assuming he stays healthy.

I'd love to know that as well, considering how much he was on at Newcastle I'm sure he knew he'd be taking a big drop in wages wherever he ended up because no one was going to pay him that much again.

The thing with Owen though is it's not just the time he misses through injury, it's the time it takes him to get back to full match fitness, even when hes able to play, it takes him 2 or 3 games to get up to the speed of things, more than most of the others.

What exactly is Man City planning on doing with all these strikers? They now have Tevez, Craig Bellamy, Robinho, Roque Santa Cruz, and there's reports circulating that they're about to sign Emmanuel Adebayor, and are interested in David Tregezuet. I'm going to laugh if they don't crack the top 5 next year.

BREAKING NEWS: Manchester City Sign Carlos Tevez, Pending Medical

The Argentine has agreed a five-year contract at Eastlands, and will make the switch very soon.

Carlos Tevez is to join Manchester City, having agreed to a five-year contract with the Eastlands club, and will sign this week once the formality of a medical has been completed.

He will wear the number 32 shirt, the club's official website confirms.

City gaffer Mark Hughes clearly very pleased to have finally snared the Argentina international, who moves, of course, from the Sky Blues' great rivals Manchester United, telling the club's official website, "It is terrific news. Carlos is an international player of the highest class who possesses all the attributes that will help drive this club forward.

"He is not only outstanding technically but he is a reliable goal scorer and someone who will contribute fully to the team ethic. He gives us another exciting, attacking dimension.

"I cannot wait to welcome him to City. This is yet another deal that shows the commitment of the owner Sheikh Mansour to make this club the very best it can possibly be. I am sure our fans will give Carlos an exceptionally warm welcome."

What exactly is Man City planning on doing with all these strikers? They now have Tevez, Craig Bellamy, Robinho, Roque Santa Cruz, and there's reports circulating that they're about to sign Emmanuel Adebayor, and are interested in David Tregezuet. I'm going to laugh if they don't crack the top 5 next year.

They are clearly suffering from a condition known as "having more money than sense", there is no way Mark Hughes is going to be able to keep everyone happy in that squad, even with all the money they are getting. Also they will be aiming for top 4, all these guys keep on going on and on about having to play in the Champions League to be considered the best, so that's what will be the minimum requirement next season, whether they make that fact public or not. But the main reason any player is going to City at the moment is that they are paying them twice what they would get elsewhere. Have you seen the figures they are reported to be offering John Terry???

John Terry continues Chelsea talks as Manchester City prepare new bid

Edited by Cliff Englewood

I shall be wearing a black armband for the rest of the summer. :rcry :rcry :rcry

Xabi Alonso tells Rafael BenĂ­tez he wants to leave Liverpool

Kind of lame, as Liverpool seems poised to be the best team in the EPL next season. But then again, moving to the La Liga seems to be the "sexy" thing to do this summer if you're one of the best players in the world, as Xabi surely is.