Fireworks

My daughter got burned on her stomach by a sparkler on the 4th....being waved by another kid. I haven't seen it yet, but that couldn't have felt real good. :(

edit - hope that doesn't make Dan laugh uproariously.

Edited by Aggie87

My daughter got burned on her stomach by a sparkler on the 4th....being waved by another kid. I haven't seen it yet, but that couldn't have felt real good. :(

Only if she had been waving the sparkler herself.

Seriously, I only enjoy reading about the mishaps and accidents that occur to brain dead teenagers and adults.

Seriously, I only enjoy reading about the mishaps and accidents that occur to brain dead teenagers and adults.

Almost every boy turned by time into a man still harbors, to a greater or lesser degree, some boy-baggage. Shooting off fireworks, while not a very high-minded pursuit compared to, say, watching baseball games on tv, is usually harmless. Do you experience a rush of pleasure when a pro athlete breaks a bone?

Almost every boy turned by time into a man still harbors, to a greater or lesser degree, some boy-baggage. Shooting off fireworks, while not a very high-minded pursuit compared to, say, watching baseball games on tv, is usually harmless. Do you experience a rush of pleasure when a pro athlete breaks a bone?

What a completely ridiculous and asinine comparison.

Stupid adults who put their own and others lives at risk for the so-called "pleasure" of a big booming noise is somehow related to injuries incurred by professionals in competition?

I don't enjoy auto racing crashes or surfing wipeouts either.

I do enjoy learning that dumb ass pieces of shit who do all they can to ruin the enjoyment of a national holiday (and its my guess couldn't identify a single founding father aside from Washington) have blown a digit, appendage, or their heads off playing with explosives they shouldn't be allowed to purchase.

Folks in my neighborhood seem to have plenty of stock left over. They be rockin' it harder tonight then they have all week! :blink:

My neighborhood was amazingly quiet this weekend. I'm shocked!

Thursday we had rain, so it was real quiet. Last night too, except for the postponed display from the 4th. They blow 'em off in a park across town, much of an improvement over when they did it by townhall - next to my building. Now I can see them better, hear them less. :rsmile:

I hope she's alright. :mellow:

Thanks - I saw her this evening finally, and she has a burn mark that's a little larger than a quarter. She said the other kid's sparkler accidentally hit her while he was swinging it or something and it burned (or burned through) her clothes to her skin. I think she'll be ok, but I don't know if it's something that's going to scar or not.

I'm still bothered by the comment earlier about "motherfuckers" getting what they deserve. She's only 9, but had this happened 5 years down the line, she'd be a teenager, and would deserve it, I guess.

I hope she's alright. :mellow:

Thanks - I saw her this evening finally, and she has a burn mark that's a little larger than a quarter. She said the other kid's sparkler accidentally hit her while he was swinging it or something and it burned (or burned through) her clothes to her skin. I think she'll be ok, but I don't know if it's something that's going to scar or not.

I'm still bothered by the comment earlier about "motherfuckers" getting what they deserve. She's only 9, but had this happened 5 years down the line, she'd be a teenager, and would deserve it, I guess.

You're obviously not listening to what I said.

Adults (and reckless teenagers) who injure THEMSELVES playing with fireworks that should be (and in most cases, are) ILLEGAL to own deserve what they get. People injured by the recklessness of others do not.

I'm sorry that your little girl was hurt but her injury has NOTHING to do with the behavior that I find objectionable and worthy of derision.