Arno Marsh Performance Schedule.

For anyone interested these are the gigs my pops is doing while home in Michigan.. Arno is 79 young this year and isn't showing any signs of slowing down.. And he brought that beautiful Selmer Mark VI tenor previously owned by Stan Getz..

July 6 we'll be at the Firefly in Ann Arbor with the fabulous bassist Paul Keller. it's a quartet and downbeat is at 9 pm..

July 7 is in Saugatuck at the Saugatuck Women's Club. This show is an allstar rhythm section featuring Paul keller, pianist Dick Reynolds, vibist Jim Cooper, and myself. There will be two sets starting at 8 pm.

July 9 we're back in Ann Arbor at the Firefly with PKO, Paul Keller's killer big band. Arno will be the featured artist. This is truly Arno's element! He has toured and performed with Woody Herman, Stan Kenton, Buddy Rich, Lionel Hampton, and Harry James. PKO is one of the finest jazz big bands in the country and this one is going to be a jammin' night! Music starts at 8 pm.

July 20 We'll be at Bistro Bella Vida in downtown Grand Rapids. This is our last gig together and will be an informal jam session night. Steve Talaga will be on piano, Charlie Hoats on fretless electric bass, and again myself on the kit.. Bistro has excellent Italian food and a good wine list if you come hungry. Downbeat for this one is 8:30 pm.

Hope to see some of you!

Edited by randissimo

• 2 weeks later...