What do you think?

Jazzmoose

Just my opinion but I thought it was terrible. No individuality to it, but I guess she's eighteen, so what did I expect. No wonder EMI is going under wasting $1.5 million on her. Whose going to buy her cd? There's so many female vocalist that sound just like her, nothing stands out in her singing. Oh well, she'll be marketed as the jazz saviour, first cd out on Blue Note no doubt...

Just my opinion but I thought it was terrible. No individuality to it, but I guess she's eighteen, so what did I expect. No wonder EMI is going under wasting $1.5 million on her. Whose going to buy her cd? There's so many female vocalist that sound just like her, nothing stands out in her singing. Oh well, she'll be marketed as the jazz saviour, first cd out on Blue Note no doubt...

Her handlers can make age a selling point; her being only 18 yo and sell her stuff to the younger and "senile" sets. Edited by MoGrubb

Her handlers can make age a selling point; her being only 18 yo and sell her stuff to the younger and "senile" sets.

And that worked so well during the "Young Lions" movement in the 80s....

Her handlers can make age a selling point; her being only 18 yo and sell her stuff to the younger and "senile" sets.

And that worked so well during the "Young Lions" movement in the 80s....

"Young Lions" sounds like a jazz thing, I doubt that

Ms. Hart will be in the same circuit. She'll probably be booked as young, for the young and those that are obsessed with staying young.

Anybody who's "obseesed with staying young" and falls for this bullshit deserves whatever they get.

The best way to stay young, I think, is to go ahead and get older than you used to be w/o getting bummed or scared about it while still keeping your mind open to evolution. This rot runs counter to every one of those principles.

If EMI, Universal, and BMG were in a bidding war over her, no wonder the majors are in trouble.

That was my reaction to the story...they've got to be kidding.

As for the performance, I kind of had this "well, it's nice that someone is trying, but..." feeling. Kind of like me diving. It's nice to see the attempt, but hoo boy...