Gee! Sam Gee

The Greatest Story Ever Told

Yusef Lateef

Mike Nock

Reggie Workman

James Black

088011be-2362-4c00-90ec-e9255345f6a6.jpg

Edited by marcello

the imprint on the lp matches the yusef number, but there are six bands, and its DEFINETLY not even yusef

By "imprint", do you mean the writing on the vinyly itself, the so-called "dead wax"? That should have the # of what it really is on that side.

I once bought an later pressing of Sun Ship that was Trane on one side, some Archie Shepp side on the other. Looking at the dead wax, I saw that the albums had similar catalog #s, just one digit was transposed. Don't now how many more of those made it to market,

I once bought an later pressing of Sun Ship that was Trane on one side, some Archie Shepp side on the other. Looking at the dead wax, I saw that the albums had similar catalog #s, just one digit was transposed. Don't now how many more of those made it to market,

A large number of these got out. Perhaps all of the blue label MCA pressings of "Sun Ship" (probably from the early 1980's) contain one side of Archie Shepp's "On This Night", I seem to recall.

really?

Check your self:

Track listing

1. Let The Good Times Roll

2. Stormy Monday Blues / Strange Things Happen

3. Feel So Bad

4. Mother-In-Law Blues / Mean Old World

5. Everyday (I Have The Blues)

6. The Thrill Is Gone / I Ain't Gonna Be The First To Cry

Album notes

Personnel includes: Bobby "Blue" Bland (vocals); B.B. King (vocals, guitar); Viola Jackson (vocals); Ray Parker, Milton Hopkins, Johnny Jones (guitar); Red Holloway (tenor saxophone); Jerome Richardson (baritone saxophone); Oscar Brashear, Albert Aarons, Snooky Young (trumpet); Garnett Brown, Benny Powell (trombone); Robert Anderson (piano); James Toney (organ); Rudy Aikels, Louis Villery (bass).

Recorded live at the Coconut Grove, Los Angeles, California.

The sequel to a well-received 1974 album, TOGETHER AGAINàLIVE features the two veteran bluesmen (who first played together as members of the Beale Streeters, the legendary early-'50s Memphis group) trading licks (guitar and vocal) on a nice selection of some of their signature tunes, including King's "Everyday I Have the Blues" and Bland's "Stormy Monday." These old pros clearly relish playing off each other, and the atmosphere is decidedly relaxed and informal (check out the verbal horseplay on "Mother-In-Law Blues"). The end result isn't the deepest blues ever recorded, but it's still good down home, rowdy fun.