Ella & Sarah-Live and/or unreleased

poetrylover3

The Pye (England) late-70's double LP "Ronnie Scott's Presents Sarah Vaughan / Live" was issued on CD circa 1991 on the Ronnie Scott's Jazz House label as "Sassy At Ronnie's". 3 tracks had to be left off the CD.

June 10 & 11, 1977

Carl Schroeder (p), Walter Booker (b), Jimmy Cobb (d)

1. Here's That Rainy Day

2. Like Someone in Love

3. I'll Remember April

4. Sophisticated Lady

5. If You Could See Me Now

6. A Foggy Day

7. I Cried For You

8. Gershwin Medley:

(But Not For Me / Our Love Is Here To Stay / Embraceable You / Someone To Watch Over Me)

9. The Man I Love

10. My Funny Valentine

11. Passing Strangers

12. Blue Skies

13. The More I See You

14. Early Autumn

15. Tenderly

--------------------------

In 1999, the Canadian label Justin Time released the CD Sarah Vaughan "In The City Of Lights".

November 2, 1985

Frank Collett (p), Bob Maize (b), Harold Jones (d)

hi fly,summertime,just friends,wave,on a clear day,if you could see me now,i've got the world on a string,fascinatin' rhythm,but not for me,our love is here to stay, embraceable you,someone to watch over me,there will never be another you,misty, my funny valentine,from this moment on,send in the clowns,sassy's blues,tenderly, scat chase,once in a while

----------------------------

Finally, I have a Vaughan CD which is on a U.S. label (Hindsight) but was manufactured in Canada- "Soft & Sassy", from 1993. Recorded in L.A. for "The Navy Swings" series of public service radio programs; Previously unreleased.

Recorded 1961

Roland Hanna (p), Richard Davis (b), Percy Brice (d)

sometimes i'm happy,i cried for you,out of this world,you're blase,serenata,over the rainbow,say it isn't so,stormy weather,all of me,how long has this been going on,day in day out,tenderly,what is this thing called love,summertime,poor butterfly, i'll be seeing you

My faves-Ella in Berlin, a Copenhagen set from sarah-last I saw on a Mercury or Emarcy vinyl release in the late 70s?

Does anybody know of any unreleased in the US material from either of these two?

Peace,

Jeff T

There's a 2CD set of 'Sarah Swings The Tivoli' (the Copenhagen set) which runs about 2 hours, so I suspect it has previously unreleased material on it. It is not expensive, and is fairly readily available.

My faves-Ella in Berlin, a Copenhagen set from sarah-last I saw on a Mercury or Emarcy vinyl release in the late 70s?

Does anybody know of any unreleased in the US material from either of these two?

Peace,

Jeff T

There's a 2CD set of 'Sarah Swings The Tivoli' (the Copenhagen set) which runs about 2 hours, so I suspect it has previously unreleased material on it. It is not expensive, and is fairly readily available.

That's a MUST HAVE. I didn't mention it, because it's all been released in the U.S. (I have it in the Mercury boxed set).