Barry Bonds quest for HR record

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jim, who do I have to tell to fuck off to have this thread locked? :g

I was thinking that many pages ago. Lessee, I'll volunteer and make it easy for you.

The only things worse than Bonds' giant head are Anita O'Day & motorcycles, or Anita O'Day on a motorcycle, you fat-headed moose.

:P

Poking a moose with a sharp stick is dangerous, I'd better run. Lock 'er up.

I saw Barry Bonds buttfucking Nancy Reagan with a baseball bat that had a swaztika on it while snorting coke off of a 12 year old boy's erect penis and getting sucked off by Good Speak. This was in the Giants locker room in 2005, and all the while he was shouting "Say Hey, bitch! I gotcher Louisville Sluggger right HERE!"

(Y'all gotta try harder! :g :g :g :g :g )

The fucking problem with you fucking people is that you fucking don't fucking know how to fucking use the fucking most offensive fucking language known to fucking man. Execpt for that fucking JSngry. That cat is fucking out there!

Nice try, Mark, but like they used to say about Porsches, "Accept No Substitutes".

:g

• 5 weeks later...

Well, its time for America to vote!

Public to decide fate of HR No. 756

Associated Press, Updated 1 hour ago

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - The fate of Barry Bonds' record-breaking home run ball is now in the public's hands after its buyer announced Monday he was taking votes on whether to give the ball to the Hall of Fame, brand it with an asterisk or blast it into space.

Fashion designer Marc Ecko revealed himself as Saturday's winning bidder in the online auction for the ball that Bonds hit last month to break Hank Aaron's record of 755 home runs. The final selling price for No. 756 was $752,467, well above most predictions.

Ecko had not even taken possession of the ball before setting up a Web site that lets visitors vote on which of the three outcomes they think the ball most deserves. He said he plans to announce the final tally after voting ends Sept. 25.

"I bought this baseball to democratize the debate over what to do with it," Ecko wrote on the Web site. "The idea that some of the best athletes in the country are forced to decide between being competitive and staying natural is troubling."

The 35-year-old Ecko is known for his pop culture pranks, including an infamous Internet video that showed him apparently infiltrating an airport tarmac and spray-painting graffiti on Air Force One. The incident turned out to be a hoax.

But the auction house that handled the sale confirmed that Ecko is indeed the ball's buyer.

"This transaction is happening and is going to be done by the end of the day," David Kohler, president of SCP Auctions, said Monday.

Kohler called Ecko's decision "brilliant" and said he had already visited the Web site and voted to send the ball to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y.

Matt Murphy, a 21-year-old student and construction supervisor from New York, emerged from a scrum with the ball on Aug. 7. He decided to sell it, he said, because he couldn't afford the tax bill that would result from holding onto the ball.

"This either makes him a lunatic or a genius, one of those two," Murphy said when told of Ecko's stunt. "I'm leaning toward genius."

Murphy said he planned to vote to send the ball to Cooperstown.

Ecko himself said he voted to brand the ball with an asterisk, a reference to the belief of some Bonds detractors that the Giants slugger's record is tainted by his alleged use of performance-enhancing substances. Bonds has denied knowingly using performance-enhancing drugs.

Ecko said what really interests him is seeing what happens when an "American Idol" approach comes together with a serious public debate over drugs in sports.

"My vote really doesn't matter," said Ecko, who identifies himself as a New York Yankees fan. "The American public will tell us what to do with it."

I can't believe they'd run the article without giving the URL but a quick google search found it:

http://www.vote756.com/marcecko/

September 25 is the deadline, vote early and often!

Me, I'm trying to decide how long I should keep hitting the back button to register as many votes as possible for "Brand It". :g

Rick Ankiel, the HGH Boy.

Where is the public outcry vs. his baseball stats?

Answer: Rick isn't Black.

Answer: Because Ankiel doesn't yet have any stats of consequence?

Also, because Ankiel has been sold to us as a three-part human interest story -- phenom, then wildman-headcase-failure of spectacular proportions, finally as a comeback kid and at a whole new position to boot (guess that makes it a four-parter). Given all that, it's understandably tough for most citizens to get their heads around a switch from that story arc to an utterly new and downbeat one. Oh, yes -- and Rick isn't Black. :D

Me, I'm trying to decide how long I should keep hitting the back button to register as many votes as possible for "Brand It". :g

I'll have to think about this one. Blasting into space is pretty tempting...

There is also a sense of poetic justice to it, as the 'roids helped Bonds blast those hits just a wee bit further than before, so now the famous ball will get blasted further than even Barry could hit it.

Don't know if it's been commented on, but I vaguely recall seeing somewhere that HGH improves visual acuity.

Ankiel/Bonds/Sosa etc- cheaters who didn't even 'fess up! Oddly enough, Giambi apologizes for using and THAT"S the guy Selig calls in!

When Ankiel sets some records he should be pilloried as badly as Bonds is now- that to me is the big difference between the two as far as reaction. But a cheater is a cheater...

Edited by PHILLYQ

Don't know if it's been commented on, but I vaguely recall seeing somewhere that HGH improves visual acuity.

Ankiel/Bonds/Sosa etc- cheaters who didn't even 'fess up! Oddly enough, Giambi apologizes for using and THAT"S the guy Selig calls in!

When Ankiel sets some records he should be pilloried as badly as Bonds is now- that to me is the big difference between the two as far as reaction. But a cheater is a cheater...

Unless Babe Ruth is involved....it'll never happen.