Henry Red Allen

Late

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone still wanna 'argue' that keith jarrett's insipid ostinatos* or wynton marsalis or ken vandermark or ____, ____ & (especially) _____ ever mattered?

* keeping Dewey Redman in pork chop money-- however well-intentioned-- justifies nothing; the music sucked then and now.

Edited by MomsMobley

anyone still wanna 'argue' that keith jarrett's insipid ostinatos* or wynton marsalis or ken vandermark or ____, ____ & (especially) _____ ever mattered?

* keeping Dewey Redman in pork chop money-- however well-intentioned-- justifies nothing; the music sucked then and now.

Henry (Tucker) Green was a damn good drummer -- reminds me of Gus Johnson.

I like Keith Jarrett of those days just fine, but I'm of the school that says that if you ...disregard The Treniers, then I don't know if I want to talk about Keith Jarrett with you. And the opposite...hell, whatever. Ain't nothing to The Treniers but old school pride and hard work. Keith can get whiny and shit, and these cats...do you see any inclination towards whining there? Hell no. And who would more likely have something legit about which to whine?

I mean, ok, sensitive genius, that's cool, but only under the light of old school hard work. You turn that light off, and, let me leave before the dark gets too real, ok?