Gary Bartz- facimle re-issue copy of Music is my Sanctuary

side 1 lists 3 tracks, side 4 lists 3, but theres FOUR bands on side 2--- the 4th band on side 1 is the 12" single that was being sold separatly that ive been holding off on: FUNKED UP (prev. unreleased track from the music is my sanctury sessions)-- its on its own 12" b/w fallin like dominos (DB) and also the "mitzell" compilation cd and/or lp

BUT ITS ALSO ON THE ORIGINAL ALBUM NOW, THEY DIDNT CHANGE THE ORIG COVER SO I HAD NO WARNING, BUT ITS THERE!!! SO HAPPY I DIDNT BUY THE 12"!!!!!

side 1 lists 3 tracks, side 4 lists 3, but theres FOUR bands on side 2--- the 4th band on side 1 is the 12" single that was being sold separatly that ive been holding off on: FUNKED UP (prev. unreleased track from the music is my sanctury sessions)-- its on its own 12" b/w fallin like dominos (DB) and also the "mitzell" compilation cd and/or lp

BUT ITS ALSO ON THE ORIGINAL ALBUM NOW, THEY DIDNT CHANGE THE ORIG COVER SO I HAD NO WARNING, BUT ITS THERE!!! SO HAPPY I DIDNT BUY THE 12"!!!!!

Now, I'm as big of a fan of the 70's jazz-funk genre as anyone, and that sound, but I always found this cheesy. Well the title track is a small classic I guess, but "Macaroni" anyone??

Now, I'm as big of a fan of the 70's jazz-funk genre as anyone, and that sound, but I always found this cheesy. Well the title track is a small classic I guess, but "Macaroni" anyone??

that Macaroni song is a real bummer, yeah

JB

Guest donald petersen

this whole album is a bummer in the greater scheme of mizell productions. it's kind of lame.

the oh baby baby song is the worst.

the shadow do! is a much better album but still not awesome.

mizell/bartz wasn't the best combo, i guess.

Guest donald petersen

chewy chew chew i agree that it is sort of silly to respond to this thread if you don't like the music, but looking at the greater mizell scheme, this is not one of their best collaborative efforts. it's aight.

chewy, do you have "the shadow do!".

there is a song with lyrics on it where bartz sings "girl, you make me cum like no one" or something like that. i can't believe it was deemed acceptable.