Peter Ind

Late

• 1 year later...

I recently purchased "Release Record - Send Tape" by Warne Marsh from Peter Ind at Wave, I've only gone through it once so far but I'm quite impressed, good sound quality too.

51L8aKYReiL._SS500_.jpg

So I'm curious about this one now, "More Jazz From The East Village", also by Warne Marsh,

61Pp0h+xuWL._SS500_.jpg

Does anyone have both of them?, are they both from the same sessions? Are they comparable in quality?

Sound samples for both can be found amoungst others here.

Those are both two documents of Warne at his incredible late-50s best. Buy 'em both now and treasure them forever.

You're being a little vague there Sngry. :D :D :D

So they are both of similar quality and vintage? I suppose I was wondering if "More Jazz From The East Village" was actually a recording of a gig rather than a gig in Peter Inds appartment.

The only slight complaint I would make about "Release Record - Send Tape", and I mean slight, I or even we, should be extermely grateful for Peter Ind's foresight in recording Warne at that time, but on some of the shorter tracks, and I'm sure they were edited for a reason, it sounds as if Marsh is just getting warmed up and about to hit his stride and then it stops, again I'm sure there is a good reason for this, but it doesn't stop me from saying "no don't stop, keep going", sometimes I even say it out loud. :blush: :blush: :blush: