That Stereotypical Stripper Music, Where Did It Come From?

Werf

Anybody know what that stripper music that is associated with the (cinematic) portrayal of strippers in the 50s and 60s is, and where it originated from? It seems to have jazz influences. And, for you older guys, was this actually played in real strip clubs? (In my days of going to strip clubs it was all Aerosmith and Z.Z. Top).

There is one piece actually called "The Stripper," which sounds just like you would expect. We played this in jazz band, and the score should be available. Whether it has ever been played "for real" in a strip act, or only for ironic intent is not clear to me.

That Rose thing was from a movie of the same name.

The Rose? Wasn't Bette Middler in that? I'm not really sure I'd want to see her with her clothes off.

Eh, why not?

too big and round. plus she'd talk and sing show tunes.

Do you have a copy of the Playboy with Roseanne in it?

No.

Is she naked in it?

I hear she was.

Quick Google search seems to indicate that there was some talk/rumors about Roseanne making a seven-figure deal for a nude pictorial, but it doesn't look like it ever came to fruition.

She was interviewed (along with Tom Arnold) for the June '93 issue, which featured Playmate of the Year...wait for it... Anna-Nicole Smith. :mellow: