neveronfriday = zerotolerance = deus62

neveronfriday

Hope is all I have left.

No. All you have left is an autobahn without (in many areas) speed limits.....and now the evil EU bureaucrats in Brussels are conspiring to take that away! <_<:w

Sorry, but you got that all wrong:

weihen.gif

THAT's what I have when things get too bleak ... ;)

P.S.: I'm the ONLY German without a driver's license, a car and a mobile phone.

And at 0.5 Euro a litre bought in bulk at your local Lidl store compared with the £1.99 per bottle of the amber nectar we have to pay. If we're lucky, that is.. :rmad:

Welcome back ! :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my cow clock finally fell off the window here after three years!!!! she survived unscathed.

I'm glad to hear your cow clock survived. I accidentally set fire to my wind-up pig the other day ... that I was given 25 years ago (still worked until it burned) for being an honorary member of the one-and-only worthwhile high school club, the MCPs (Male Chauvinist Pigs).

I bought a new one. :g

And for the record, I always knew, so there. :beee:

Smartass. ;)

This would be great news. Been hoping for it these past two years. And welcome back, Volkher!

I will post about that here when I get some other stuff done ... and once we figure out how to present that sessionography/discography stuff in a sensible way.

And at 0.5 Euro a litre bought in bulk at your local Lidl store compared with the £1.99 per bottle of the amber nectar we have to pay. If we're lucky, that is.. :rmad:

How about this one: I used to live next to a brewery (two houses down the road) that gave me a free crate once a month, simply because I took every single person I knew there on a regular basis (when they closed up in the evening, there was always time to booze it up with the workers (for free). The brewery went bankrupt a few years ago (I wonder why), but when they were still around they made the best damn beer in Germany, "Landbier". It was an old recipe, a Weizen-like beer which was left unfiltered. Splendid stuff.

And, yes, the good beers here are quite cheap. I pity the people who have to pay import prices. I've become a wine guy myself, living so close to France. Beer isn't happening all that often anymore.

On the contrary, the Germans got a dual one... they're all pope, too! :g

Err, the Pope is German? :blink:

Since when? :o

Time to check the news.

oh, and if you merge never with deus, will that produce some kind of auto-erotic selftolerance-being or what? ;)

Err, you got me on that one.

No idea.

But it would wear a funny hat.

I'm sure of that.

Good to be back, guys. :)

Volkher

Edited by neveronfriday

And, yes, the good beers here are quite cheap. I pity the people who have to pay import prices.

It's always an eye-opener to see how cheap the good bottled beer is in Germany. No poxy little bottles either - its 0.5L and up. :tup

And not having it taxed to death as a 'sin tax' ( ;) ) helps too ! (Gordon Brown take note).

And, yes, the good beers here are quite cheap. I pity the people who have to pay import prices.

It's always an eye-opener to see how cheap the good bottled beer is in Germany. No poxy little bottles either - its 0.5L and up. :tup

I'll tell ya though....the Dutch have outdone the Germans when it comes to the design of the pump system on those 5-litre mini kegs. Having tried both a zillion times now, the Heineken one is far superior. On those rare occasions when one doesn't drain the whole thing in 2 days, the brew will not lose any carbonation if you suddenly have to run out of town for a few days and leave it in the fridge. With the German ones, you constantly have to keep fiddling with the pressure valve on top and it's tiresome. For shame...for shame. -_-

BTW, Sidewinder.....the first bit of a WSJ article I was perusing last night:

MMMMMM.....Warm, Flat Beer

Wall Street Journal

by Conor Dougherty

To the list of British imports that includes fish and chips and the Beatles, you can now add flat beer.

Microbrewers have tried everything from chili-pepper beer to raisin-flavored beer to lure drinkers from mass-market brews like Bud and Coors. Now they're trying their hand at a British staple, cask beer, that is only lightly carbonated and served via a retro hand pump.

U.S. bars, in addition to serving American cask, are increasingly stocking English brands. This comes as more Brits are shunning these traditional ales in favor of U.S.-style beers.

...funny, I hadn't read anything about a wave of mass insanity suddenly sweeping the English countryside? :w:P

but no one sane would consider Heineken a good beer, really! :g

(if it's to be considered a beer at all... yuck!)

You're absolutely right - though it's not as bad as the stuff Americans call beer... :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good to see you back, Volkher. Hope your health is OK!

If you are actually in the area and are not pulling my leg, contact me. We could have a beer or two if it's on a weekend (late Friday, all of Saturday and Sunday).

No leg pulling going on. Will be swinging through for a short spell and are supposed to be meeting up with another party....but things are still in a state of flux. I'll drop ya a line if things work out. That would be fun.

.....but only one or two? I do that before breakfast. ;):rolleyes:

If you are actually in the area and are not pulling my leg, contact me. We could have a beer or two if it's on a weekend (late Friday, all of Saturday and Sunday).

No leg pulling going on. Will be swinging through for a short spell and are supposed to be meeting up with another party....but things are still in a state of flux. I'll drop ya a line if things work out. That would be fun.

.....but only one or two? I do that before breakfast. ;):rolleyes:

Sounds good. Let me know.

And don't tell me you can take more than a few .... and that before breakfast?

Weened on Budweiser (Light) and a big mouth, to boot. :g

• 3 months later...

He just sent me an email and he's doing fine. Just busy. He says he'll get back to posting hopefully in August and it appreciative of the concern.

Hi everyone,

thanks to Jim for posting here for me. I was away (and will be again) for some time and simply couldn't remember my login data (difficult, as I have so many different ones that have accumulated around various forums and sites these past 10 years and more).

I'm also experiencing some health issues (again), which make it difficult to spend more than an hour or so online per day. As some of you might recall, I had some serious issues with my right eye, and now they have spread to the left eye. The doctors are working on it.

Both ears are fine! :)

I'm usually around every day, I just won't be posting much.

I'll be in Africa (no idea where yet, but I've got the continent nailed down) from around the 27th of July for about two weeks and only the publication of 8 CDs worth of unreleased Teddy Wilson material, a set of nude photos of Marylin Monroe, or the abdication of George W. could - perhaps - get me to go online for a minute or two.

I'll try to get back to regular posting after all of that.

Cheers!

Nof/deus62/zerotolerance

(... who will be one again once Jim has run the multiple personality query. Whenever that happens, I'll have a nice Chianti and a bowl of fava beans to celebrate.) :)

As some of you might recall, I had some serious issues with my right eye, and now they have spread to the left eye. The doctors are working on it.

oh man! hope all is well there.

having gone thru multiple lazer surgeries for a torn retina a bit over a year ago i feel for you.

but sounds like you and the rhinoceri will be on even terms then.