E-music gluttony of old still pays dividends

jmjk

Surely many of you remember emusic's $10/mo. for unlimited downloads policy from a few years back. I recall my wife asking me when I'd find time to listen to all of this music. Well, I'm still finding time 5 years later! This past weekend's saunter through my old 80GB slave hard drive (I know some of you bought extra hard drives also :D ) revealed many Fantasy/OJC files never even opened since I downloaded them from emusic. One such artifact was Steve Lacy's Evidence album, with Don Cherry. I REALLY like this! It's not quite as cerebral as the music both artists would produce later. I was surprised at how this date swings.

Any of you out there just getting around to some emusic winnings from way back?

Surely many of you remember emusic's $10/mo. for unlimited downloads policy from a few years back. I recall my wife asking me when I'd find time to listen to all of this music. Well, I'm still finding time 5 years later! This past weekend's saunter through my old 80GB slave hard drive (I know some of you bought extra hard drives also :D ) revealed many Fantasy/OJC files never even opened since I downloaded them from emusic. One such artifact was Steve Lacy's Evidence album, with Don Cherry. I REALLY like this! It's not quite as cerebral as the music both artists would produce later. I was surprised at how this date swings.

Any of you out there just getting around to some emusic winnings from way back?

Nope, I prefer the physical product.

I have had the Lacy disc since it was first issued in the early '60s and it is still a favorite. You should follow his career chronologically for more discoveries. :)

Word to the wise - Hard Talk is reissued at good prices on the net. Fine date.

I also had the unlimited plan for awhile, and these three recordings come to mind immediately:

Mal Waldron With Eric Dolphy And Booker Ervin: The Quest

Steve Lacy Plays Thelonious Monk: Reflections

Cecil Taylor: Looking Ahead!

I've since bought the CDs, but these were among the undiscovered gems in a 30GB of MP3 files.

I'm sure I'm getting close to being burned out on always being "on the hunt." I buy way, way too much stuff...

I need to just sit back an re-visit all this stuff, which includes Gigs and Gigs of unlistened to stuff from emusic..com.

I still always find stuff every month there...65 downloads a month. Still the best deal on the 'net. :tup